S E V E N

[ J-Hope ]

“Your boyfriend?!” we said in unison.

I stopped fiddling with my phone, I was dead panned to see a boy standing beside Eun Mi. His hands stuffed into his pockets and a mask put on his face concealing his identity. I can’t believe it. It was the same guy we saw with Eun Mi on the park. It was her boyfriend right? I clearly heard her call him jagi. It must be her boyfriend.

“W-what?! N-no!” she defended herself. I sighed in relief. We all did, which was weird. “T-this?!” she pointed to the man beside him, “how can he be my boyfriend? NO WAY. IMPOSIBBLE.” She aggressively shook her head.

So if this man is not her boyfriend then why did she call him jagi? Ugh. So frustrating.

“Wae? Eun Mi-ah…” the boy beside him held her hand causing her to blush hard, “why do you sound so disgusted don’t you wanna be my girlfriend?” he asked. My blood is boiling. Too much skinship!

“Ew. Xiumin. No.” she swatted his hand. Wait… WHAT?!

“Xiumin?! Sunbae?!” we all shouted at him.

[ Xiumin ]

“Xiumin?! Sunbae?!” they shouted in unison.  

I rubbed the back of my nape and tore my mask off, “annyeonghaseyo Kim Minseok-imnida” I bowed as I introduced myself.

“B-but?!”

“I’m a friend of Eun Mi and we bumped into each other in a coffee shop” I raised my drink on my left side and gently lifted up the dead left hand of Eun Mi that was plainly holding her frappuccino. “I asked her if I could come with her and she said yes. But I never knew she was coming to your show.” I added.

“Ooohhh…” they answered in unison, again. Kind of reminds me of the derp squad. Do they have the same mind or something? They returned to whatever they were doing, but relentlessly glancing at us from time to time.

Not minding the people around us, I grabbed my straw but the plastic was hard to open so I nudged Eun Mi who was already sipping her drink. She faced me; I pouted pointing at the straw.

“Really Kim Minseok?” she chuckled and handed me her drink. She opened my straw and plunged it to my drink afterwards. “Mm… Can I?” she asked. I nodded, I raised her drink and she nodded. So I started to drink her frap while she taste my chocolate oreo shake. We faced each other and eye smiled enjoying the drinks then we laughed hilariously seeing each other’s reactions. I gave her drink back and she did the same. As we faced forward… if looks could kill, I might have died already.

They were sending me death glares, unsurely I tilted my head and looked at Eun Mi, who astonishingly did the same as me and we both shrugged.

“YOU! HAD AN INDIRECT KISS!” they shouted, which was so loud that I had to cover my ears. As my ears recovered, I looked down to my drink and stared at the straw blankly then returned my gaze towards them.

“So what?” Eun Mi answered unaffected, shrugging the thought I went back on sipping my drink. “We’re going to go outside to find some seats good luck!” she cheered and forcefully dragged me outside with both of us still sipping on our drinks. I wonder… Does she know?

“They like you…” I said aloud.

“What?” she replied not bothering to look back.

“Nothing” I shrugged the thought and yanked her arm dragging her for the two vacant seats in the front row. 

[ Inside the dressing room ]

Meanwhile the boys we’re left wondering why Eun Mi seemed so close with their sunbae. At the same time crammed with the pressure that their sunbae will be watching them perform. A lot of questions were running through their mind until one of them decided to voice their thoughts out loud.