Chapter Three

"Adoption....?" I asked.  She nodded.  "I would lo-" I was interrupted by Rachel grabbing my arm and pulling me away, saying we'll be right back to the lady.  She dragged me over to a trash can didn't really look happy.  "What?"

"You can't adopted a kid at seventeen!" Rachel fussed at me.

I sighed, looking at her.  "Rachel, she said she would let me even though I'm not eighteen yet."

"I'm not talking about that.  You can't adopted a child period!  You're too young and your parents would kill you.  Plus having an adopted kid would be weird."  she told me.  I shrugged.

"So?  Do I look like I care?  I'm helping a little kid, Rach!" I half yelled at her.  "Besides why should you care?  You're only three months older than me!"  She just looked away.  I turned around and walked back to the group of people; which inculdes Mariah, Erin, Hailey, the chubby woman, Elizabeth, and the other kids that were most likely orphans.  "As I was saying before I got dragged off by my friend..." I said and I stood beside Mariah.  "I would love to adopt Elizabeth."  The woman smiled at me.  Elizabeth looked up at me.

"So you're gonna be my mommy?"  she asked. 

I looked at Rachel who was coming back and then nodded. Elizabeth hugged my leg.  Rachel laughed at her gester.  Mariah and Erin and Hailey started playing Concentration with some kids. 

I picked the girl up as the woman said she'll bring over her clothes and stuff over to mine/the girls' house and that I could sign the papers there.  I gave her the address and she walked off.  Elizabeth hugged me some more as I walked to my friends with Rachel.  She didn't seem that happy, but I knew she was. 

"Poop!" Erin yelled.  Everyone laughed, especially the kids.

"Kittens." a little boy said.  I watched the group, Rachel played on her phone, and Elizabeth went to go play with some other kids.

Fifteen minutes passed by when a van with a camera crew in it drove up.  Then another van, but no one got out of that one.  I shrugged my weird feeling off that I was being watched.  A news person walked up to me and asked, "Are you one of the girls who saved those kids from the fire?" I looked around and nodded.  Hailey nudged Erin and Mariah when she saw the news reporters.  They both looked up and then walked up beside me.  Rachel was in her one little world not acknowledging anything around her. 

"What's your names?" someone asked.  Rachel finally looked up and walked over.

"Um... I'm Kira..." I said, not really knowing what to do.

"Hi! I'm Hailey!" Hailey waved to the camera.  "That's Erin, Mariah, and Rachel." She pointed to the others. 

"Who came up with the idea to save the kids?" the news reporter asked; the one that asked me if I was one of the girls who saved the kids.  Everyone pointed to me, and I felt my cheeks fulsh red.  "Did you ever doubt that you would make it out?"

"Not really...." Mariah said.

"I mean when you have God on your side, you know you can trust him to help you get out of a fire." Rachel told her.  The news reporter nodded, turning to Erin.

"How many kids did you save?"

Erin looked around. "Uh...." She laughed a bit, thinking.  "I, personally, got two kids.  But all of us total, I think six."

They all nodded, and I finally noticed that they were recording this.  Ugh.... 

"Mommy!" Lizzy screamed and I turned around to see her being chased by a boy about a year older than her.  They were both laughing and running to me. 

"You're going to have to get used to her calling you 'Mommy'." Erin pointed out.  I nodded in agreement as I picked the little three and half year old up.  The boy glared at me. 

"And who is this?" the same annoying news reporter asked.  I turned back around, half smiling.

"Elizabeth." Mariah said before I could say anything.  "Kira adpoted her today!"  My cheeks turned red again and I laughed a bit. 

"You're blushing!" Hailey pointed out and poked me.  I mumbled a shut up and put Lizzy back down to go play. 

The news reporter person asked me and the girls more questions.  It was starting to get annoying, and I just let the others answer most of them.  They finally left us to be, going to ask more poeple/kids about the fire and such.  I went and layed down on the ground, looking at the sky.  Hailey and Mariah went to play with some kids.  Erin and Rachel talked about Ed Sheeran, One Direction, and other people like Little Mix and Olly Murs. 

Everything was just like that until five familiar boys walked up to me, and only me.  The one who was laying on the ground looking at the sky and being bored to death. 

Niall blocked my view.  I alf glared at him, half smiled, and half blushed which might have made a weird face.

He laughed.  "Hey, are you one of the girls that saved the kids?" I nodded, not really knowing what to do.  Then Harry and Louis appeared. 

"Uh...." came out of my mouth as Zayn and Liam appeared.  Oh, shit.....crap...what the hell....?  I don't know what to think, do, say, or who to look at!  Because ya know they're boys and very attractive.....

"Yo Kira! Whe-" Hailey stopped talking once she saw me and the boys.  They looked at her, as did I.  She was just standing there, with a couple of kids behind her.  "Is that One Direction?" she asked.

"Maybe..." I said. "I'm not that sure." Next thing I now I heard a thump behind me and I turned around.  Rachel was on the ground....  She fainted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N not the best but oh well was bored and decided to write this chapter :)