Chapter 22- Stop changing the subject

Start from the beginning

I made my way towards him until my back was against his torso. His arms was wrapping me like a vine but I couldn't stop feeling my face heat up as his erection rubbed against my lower back.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Talk about what?" I raised an eyebrow as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"About you almost drowning and leaving me a widower. Or maybe I wouldn't be a widower since I might kill myself when you die."

"You'd kill yourself if I die?" A gasp escapes me as my eyes stared straight to the white wall infront of us.

"Stop changing the subject."

A sigh escapes me. What does he expect me to say?

"I expect you to tell the truth."

"Did I just say that out loud?" I bit my lip as I contemplate telling him my deepest secret.

"Yup. And stop changing the subject." This time a chuckle escaped me. I'm unconsciously changing the subject and George is being funny reminding me to stop it.

"I—im not really comfortable telling you about it."

"T...that's fine." George sighed and again, silence filled the room.

Should I tell him? Should I tell him? Should I tell him? Should I tell him? It kept on playing again and again in my head.

Well, I knew all his secrets. Maybe not all but I learned all his deepest secrets and here I am, being unfair by not telling him anything.

You helped him with his problem. Maybe it's your turn to let him help you. My inner self suddenly spoke up and enlightened me again. My the fuck is he/she/it always right?

I'm you. Now shut the fuck up and let him in. UGH. Now he/she/it is being grumpy.

"Fine. I'll tell you."

"Okay. But I don't want to push you into doing it. If you don't want to tell me, that's fine."

"No! I want to tell you. No more secrets." The last line came more like whisper.

"No more secrets." George repeated it and I just nodded before taking a deep breath.

"George, I.. I.. I ..am... I.."

"Don't be scared. I'll always be here for you."

"George I am... " I took another deep breath before finally taking it in. "I was adopted."

George was silent and I just continued saying it.

"I was found on the doorstep on the McKinley household. My father thought he couldn't bear a child so he was very happy having me. But my mom hated me so much since I couldn't give her what she really wanted. I always wondered why she was always distant towards me. It then changed when Katie came. My mom was finally pregnant with an heir and when Katie was finally born, my mom wanted to give me back to an adoption center. My dad wanted me to stay and since my dad decides what stays and what doesn't, I stayed on the McKinley household."

"Did you thought of Katie as like...a threat?" George spoke and quickly shook my head.

"No! I thought of Katie as a real sister."

"Okay Wifey, Carry on." George runs his hand on my stomach, making me calmer.

"I thought my mom was okay with me being there. I never realized she hates me when she started going to places, like parks and then leaving me there. I would cry but the police returned me home. Ever since then, I wouldn't go out with my mom since I knew she did it purpose. I don't what got in to her but maybe she got tired of trying, she finally decided to kill me. By pushing me towards the pool."

"That's why you got scared earlier." I nodded as memories kept on rushing to me.

"When I was child, I never knew how to swim. My mom knew about it, so she made an act in front of my father to offer teaching me how to swim. I declined but my father pushed me since he didn't know about my mom's hate towards me. So in the afternoon, I was walking on the side of the pool when my mom pushed me. Our house had two pools, one for the kids and one for the adults. Since dad paid to build a kid-sized pool for Katie and me. Unfortunately, I fell on the 16 feet pool. I could've died and my mom would've just lied that I drowned in accident. But before I could finally drown, dad jumped in to the pool and saved me."

I was coughing up and gasping for air.

"Alexander, are you alright? Why did you try to swim here? This is a pool for adults." Dad said softly as he hugged me.

"S..she did it! She pushed me! Daddy, mommy pushed me!"I cried so hard and Dad went and glared at her.

"Is this true?" My mom stayed silent. But Daddy's voice started to rise.

"ANNABELLE, DID YOU TRY AND DROWN OUR SO—"

"Don't you try and call that child OUR son! That is not my son! Why can't you just give him back to an adoption cent—" A weird sound filled the air and when I looked up, mom was holding her red cheek.

"Alexander is my son. I tried to let the park incident go but this time I won't. I love you but if you can't learn to love and accept our son, pack your bags and leave this house. Expect a divorce afterwards."

"Swe—"
"LEAVE!" Mom hurried and left the pool. Daddy then crouched down and hugged me.

"Alexander, you will always be a McKinley. You will always be my son. Now let's get you changed so that we can eat some chocolate cake."

"My mom was never seen again. I never wanted to see her too."

"Were you always afraid of swimming pools? You could've told me." George kissed the top of my head.

"I know how to swim and I am not afraid of pools. But earlier it just...It came back." George wrapped his arms tighter.

"I'm sorry for making you feel that way again." It came more like a whisper and I quickly turned my body, making my chest touch his torso.

"It's finally nice to be able to let the feelings come out. It's like I finally learned to let the memory burry deep." I leaned over and kissed him.

"I don't know why, but I think I just tasted chlorine. You did drink the pool water earlier, right?" George smirks when we pull back from the kiss making me open my eyes widely before slapping his chest.

"Jerk!"

"You love me though." There's that smirk again.

"I hate to admit it, but yeah. I do." I leaned again to kiss him. Oh how I love this man.

"I just hope your bitch of a mother will not arrive on our wedding and ruin it."

I chuckled and reached over to grasp his hard erection.

"Stop ruining the moment, Mr. Garrison."

NOTE:

WOAH! Two updates in day! Am I crazy?

Folks, it's called OVERTIME lmao.