Prologue

This is not happening.

I will not stoop down for that bastard.

My beloved sister, Katie, will not marry that greedy monster. Period.

These thoughts ran through my head when I barged in the unknown office with Adam by my side, completely ignoring the stares of the staffs around me. Clearly, nobody was inclined to stop me. And just as well, I wasn't really in the mood to be stopped.

How dare he take advantage of my little sister mere weeks after the funeral with his wild propositions?

I took a deep breath and straightened down the front lapels my suit, hoping it would make me look good instead of nervous.

Maybe I did have some emotion left in me after all.

"Excuse me, sir." a female voice appeared.

I quickly ignored it and continued to walk towards the door. His door.

"Sir!" I heard her even more louder and I could sense that she was starting to run towards me. Adam watched her, and as if he read my mind, he turned to her to block her from approaching me.

"Sir! You can't go in-" I pushed the door open and immediately found myself being stared at by four men in dark suits. My eyes eventually locked unto the face of George Garrison. The man who's typically about to ruin my whole life.

Mr. Garrison, after a quick moment of silence, stood from his chair and started to walk towards me. Hell, if he wasn't pissing me off, I would go on a limb and admit that he looked just like he did on every business magazine—drop dead gorgeous.

Shut up, gay conscience! Shut up!

"I'm so sorry Mr. Garrison!" I heard the woman from before talking behind me. "I tried-"

"It's not your fault Claire." Fuck, even the mere sound of his voice sounded gorgeous. Deep, smooth, and crisp baritone voice that somehow sent a weird feeling to my groin. Holy shit, what is happening to me? "Can I help you with something?"

He looked at me and I could sense that he was holding back a smile as he stared at me with mockery. He looked amused.

"I'm Alexan-"

"I know who you are." He cut me off before I could even proceed to introducing myself.

Rude.

"Well, I'm here to talk about my sister." I say with full confidence and to my surprise, he turned towards the men he was with few moments ago.

"If you'll excuse us gentlemen, I think I need to speak a few words with Mr. McKinley here." I felt the same feeling on my groin again as he said my last name. Somehow he made it sound so...sexy. Fuck, I can't believe I'm getting turned on by a random man's voice.

The men quickly left the room along with his secretary and Adam whom I told to wait outside. As soon as everyone left, he went toward his desk and sat on his chair. He motioned me to sit down on the chair in front of him but I shook my head.

"I'll stop beating around the bush. So tell me, why do you even want McKinley Inns?" I asked him and he chuckled with amusement.

"Like anyone, I want to expand, And you're an opportunity." He says casually making me slightly angry.

"And you don't care who gets trampled in the process?" I sneered at him as he crossed his arms over his chest and releases a snort.

"I don't think I made the situation clear. I'm the one doing you a favor."

"By marrying my sister and taking over our company?" I asked him, my anger becoming even more evident.

"By saving your company from bankruptcy. The way I see it, It's a win-win."

"The way, I see it, It's a lose-lose!" I was almost shouting at the man infront of me and he was just grinning at me like a sick bastard.

"You're being impractical."

"Well, atleast I have a soul!" This man had a very thick skull.

"Last time I checked, a soul wasn't a requirement for a business license in New York." He said, still smirking at me.

"You're not marrying my sister." The just tilted his face at the statement.

"And why is that?"

"My sister already has a boyfriend." It was basically personal information and I really don't why I ended up blurting it out. " And what kind of brother would be if I just let her marry someone just to save my company."

"You're the kind of brother who puts the family business first before your sister's relationship."

I rolled my eyes at his reply. Clearly, he was the kind of man who would do such a thing. The money-first-before-anything-else kind of guy.

"What about...you?" Mr. Garrison asked from the silence. I immediately looked at him in the eye and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm pretty upset." I replied sarcastically.

"Your emotional state is irrelevant. Do you have a steady boyfriend? Word on the street is you're gay."

I gulped. Well,there's no point about hiding my sexuality. But still, how the fuck did he know I was gay? Well, who knows. It might scare him and not marry my sister.

"No. And what does that have to do with anything?" I asked as I quickly looked away to the window suddenly feeling embarassed all of a sudden.

"Problem solved." He said and I can sense him standing up and walking over to me.

"Huh?" I said while still not looking at his direction.

Suddenly, I felt long slender fingers moving my chin forward and instantly felt my face heat up as my eyes met his with both of our faces stood merely centimeters apart. I thought the man alreadt looked gorgeous from afar but he looked even more stunning in close proximity. I would pushed his hand or his face away but then I stopped in my tracks when he said,

"Marry me."