15 - ferrero rocher

Start from the beginning

wait, so it's true that i heard their names yesterday!

"so even yesterday, you hang out with sunmi?!" i looked at him unbelievable, feeling frustrated.

he made a confused look. so he and sunmi are now dating? but why should i feel jealous? i don't have a feeling for him, right? why am i mad about?

"did you and sunmi in a relationship?" i asked with a low voice.

"w-what're you talking about, me a-and,," as he was about to continue, people start to come inside filling the empty classroom.

i quickly took a book out and fake to read it. the question starts to lingering inside my head, are they really in a relationship?

my head can't stop thinking about it. he should have told me, why is he so secretive?

skip

school was over, i only remember dazing off and fall asleep throughout the classes.

students were running out of the class as they can't help but wanting to go home early, missing their bed.

but this guy still didn't move from his seat, jb.

during school hours, i didn't even speak to him. i ignored him and he did the same.

is this the end of our long friendship. i never thought that it will end like this. its only a small matter, but i never thought it will give a big impact.

did i act​ too much?

but nevertheless, i'm still mad at him.

why did he have to hide it from me?

i put the book into my bag, why did i even took the book out of my bag when im not even listening to the lesson.

just a step more to get out of this class suddenly, i felt someone holding my wrist making me stop in my tracks.

who else if not him. it's too early for a ghost to hold my wrist. i did not look back, i don't know why.

"eunsoo, i want to give you something." still, i don't​ want to waste my time looking at his face.

"i know i was wrong, i remember i told you i was busy but the truth i went out with sunmi. yesterday was a coincidence, i never plan to go out with her, i was forced too by her.

you know who she is. i didn't tell you because i don't want you to think i have something with her. believe me." i was completely blank. i can't think of anything.

should i believe him? 

"eunsoo." my body was turned by him. now i was facing him. i don't know why suddenly i feel so stupid. stupid for being mad at him for such a small matter without even listening to his explanation. stupid for wanting our friendship to end just like that.

he pulled something out from his pocket looking like a pendant.

"i bought it for you yesterday when sunmi forced me to go shopping with her. i bought this because i know something went wrong. i hope that you like it." he still thinks about me even though he's with sunmi. how can i not notice he still appreciate our friendship.

he came closer and put the pendant on my neck. it's very beautiful, a heart-shaped key pendant.

i was completely amazed by his action. why is he so sweet? but he was just a friend to me nothing else. it can't possibly change, right?

"i'm sorry." i feel so wrong. my eyes were glistening with tears. i feel so ashamed right now. how can i be mad over ridiculous things?

i cover my face with palms.

"i'm sorry. i could not resist my jealousy. i feel so jealous at the sight of you two together. i don't even know why i feel that, i'm scared that you will leave me." i burst out my feelings with tears, afraid of losing him. he's my best friend. he always be there for me.

jb pov

she's crying. what have i done?

i started to panic as it was my first time making her crying because of me. i can't think of anything else other than, hugging her.

i'm sorry.

"n-never mind, it was my fault. p-please stop crying. a tough princess won't cry. i am always right here, always be by your side. you're my princess after all." i caressed her soft hair. i want to be by your side forever. if fate doesn't set me as your best friend, as the only third guy in your life, i want you to be mine forever. but god's plan for me is to only take care of you, to only watch you not giving you any special feelings.

but can i change that fate?

i want to say that phrase but i'm scared. it was so wrong for me to say that. i know i can't but i want to.

"i love you."

somehow, i want to change the fate. i want to be the love of her life not just her savior.