Somethings Wrong

NICOLES POV
I wake up on Roberts couch, and hes holding me. He is still sleeping and i dont want to wake him. But i need to check my phone and pick up Taylor soon. I inch a little to the edge of the couch, trying not to wake him. Then i feel his arms pull me back to where i was. I look over and hes awake with a raised eyebrow. "What?" I say. He then smiles.
"Where were you planning on going?" He asked, turning the smile into a grin. I try to pull away from his hold, but its no use.
"Robert, i need to check my phone and pick up Taylor." I say, still struggling to break free. He shakes his head. Then he comes closer to me, like next to my ear.
"Taylor will be fine, and if theres an emergency, you would hear your phone." He whispers in my ear. I turn to him.
"So what are you saying exactly?" I ask.
"Im saying, that you should stay longer. Hang out with me for a little while longer. I can make breakfast, or we can go out for breakfast." He says, kind of begging i guess. I nod my head.
"Alright, i suppose i can stay a little longer.." He grins, then pulls me in closer somehow since we were already close. "But im picking Taylor up before noon, got it?" I say making sure he gets the message.
"Okay, alright, got it. What do you want to do? Stay here, go out?" He asks.
"I dont care what we do, your the one who wanted me to stay longer."
"Oh come on! You totally wanted to stay and you know it!" He argues. "Yes i did want you to stay, but your just as guilty." I laugh because its funny when he "argues".
"Let me free, i need to check my phone!" I finally say. I try once again to get out, but he is still resisting.
"Ill let you free on one condition." He says. Im a little scared to ask. I sigh.
"And that would be..." I wait for an answer. Before i know it, his lips meet mine. We are kissing for about a minute, then he lets me go.
"That was my condition, i needed a morning kiss." He said. I turn around before i get my phone.
"What do you do if im not here in the morning then?" I ask sarcastically. He ignores the question.
"Lets go to Starbucks. Or Dunkin Donuts, whichever you like more." He said as i checked my phone. I got a couple of texts from Taylors grandma.
Taylor is barely eating, not playing with the animals like usual, and just not being herself, please call or text me when you get this.
-Julie
By the way, Taylors grandmas name is Julie. She is my mother in law. I start typing when i feel hands wrap around my torso. "What are you doing?" Robert asks.
"Um Robert, there is something wrong with Taylor. I need to see whats up. Im sorry, can we go another time?" I apologize. I see his smile fade quickly. He nods understanding.
"Yeah, thats completely fine. Text me later." I walk away, grabbing my stuff and walking to my car. He is on his porch watching me pull away. I go straight to Julies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TAYLORS POV
I got dumped at my grandmas because my mother doesnt trust me. I apologized, but apparently that wasnt enough. I havent had an appetite, and i dont feel like playing with grandmas pets. Ive just been texting Aaron and going on the computer. I usually watch movies. Lately ive been watching Indiana Jones, now that im done with Star Wars. But i just dont feel like i usually do. Like i usually get excited and laugh at the movies, nothing. I always play with the cats and give the dogs a walk. Or i ride my bike to my aunts down the street and see my little cousin, or anything i usually love doing. I dont know whats going on. Then i have a flashback from health class last year. We were talking about depression. Then it went to social studies, talking about The Great Depression. Then my one friend at the time when she wouldnt eat and was always upset. I think my mind is trying to tell me something. But why would i be depressed? I have no clue, first instinct, text Aaron. She isnt much help though, she just yells at me to be happy. That helped so much. I already know my grandma texted my mom, like my mom would look at her phone while she is with him. After thinking for a couple, something came across my mind. Am i finally starting to accept that my father died? For the past year, somewhere inside me, i thought that my dad was still alive. I barely cried when i heard at first, but now, im about to blow trying to hold it in. I dont like to cry in front of people because that makes me feel weak. I go into the bathroom, trying to act casual, then i close the door and explode into tears. I lock the doors so nobody can get in. I cry for a good ten minutes, then i calm down a little. Before i step out, i make sure i dont look like i just cried. I open the door and my grandma is standing right there with a sad face. "Honey, whats wrong?" She asks concerned. I sniff.
"Dads dead..." I say, then start to cry again. Before grandma could speak, my mom walks in. She speed walks towards me and hugs me.
"Sweetie, whats going on with you? Why are you upset?" She asks. I can tell that she is worried by her voice.
"D... Dads.... Dads.... D..... Dead. Dads dead..." I stutter as i cry. She releases me and gives me a worried look.
"I know honey, i know. Hes in a better place now, he has been for awhile.." She didnt cry, but i could tell she was sad. I finally calm down again. My eyes are very red though.
"I know hes been gone for awhile, i just never accepted it until now i guess..." I say, sniffing. Mom walks to a different room, and grandma follows her. I hear moms phone buzz, so i check it for her. Its Robert, of course.
Hey, i was just wondering how Taylor is doing. Im sure your with her now but, text me when you get this.
-Robert
I read that and realize something. I cant believe that he actually cares about me. Most men, that isnt the father of a kid, and they are dating the mother, usually doesnt care about the kid. I just guess i got the wrong message from Robert. Im still not "loving" him yet, but i think i can tolerate him now. I look around to see if anyone is around, nope. I then have some fun and pretend to be my mom. What?! I just want to know what he thinks about me, just for feedback.
She seems to be doing better. Since her father died, she hasnt really thought that he was actually gone, but she then just realized that he is. I think thats what made her act strange.
-Nicole
I send that and im still making sure the coast is clear, then mom gets a message.
Thats good, i hope she will finally accept me into your life. I really want to be with you, and even though she doesnt like me, i want to be there for her when she needs someone similar to a father...
-Robert
I cant do this anymore...
Robert, you really mean that?
-Nicole
Of course, i love you Nicole. And i will love Taylor like a daughter too.
-Robert
Um, Robert, this is Taylor, mom isnt around her phone, so i answered it pretending to be her...
-Taylor, not Nicole
What?! Your actually talking to me?
-Robert
I didnt know how you actually felt about me, and i think my little meltdown helped me accept you a little more.
-Taylor
Did you think i hated you or something? Because im not that kind of person.
-Robert
Not hate, but uncomfortable, because your dating someone, who had a husband, and has a kid. Its a little awkward i would think.
-Taylor
Well thats not the case, and i actually like talking to you Taylor, i feel better now that i know you can stand me.
-Robert
Now, this doesnt mean we are friends, it means i can stay in the same room with you and be okay and not storm off to my room.
-Taylor
Okay, i see, taking things slow. Thats fine.
-Robert
Good, keep it that way too, especially with my mom. Or else i might change my mind, anyways i have to go, or else everyone will wonder where i am.
-Taylor
Will do. And okay, great finally being able to talk to you. Tell your mom i lover her. And see you soon.
-Robert
Yeah, okay and see you soon.
-Taylor
I put the phone back where i left it and went into the room where everyone is. We talked for a little bit then me and mom went home.