Chapter Fifty Five

"Lucy, we'll need you to go to Italy. Sorry, dear!" Mom squeaked from the other line.

"What! Why?" I questioned, annoyed.

"Mom! I just got back from Brazil, two weeks ago!" I continued, groaning, feeling completely exhausted.

"Sorry, dear. I know that we promised you that you only had to solely handle Japan, but we really need extra manpower on the Italy branch. Please?" she pleaded, and I groaned.

"Fine. Give me one day to rest, I'll leave the day after tomorrow." I sighed.

"Can't Dad, do it?" I added, whining.

"Sorry, dear. Dad's in Copenhagen, and I had to attend a meeting in Ohio." She apologized.

"Alright. Alright." I groaned and hang up.

I looked at all the emails, I had respond to.

Carefully rubbing my temples to ease my stress, my door suddenly opened and Natsu walked in.

"The hell are you doing here, in the middle of the night, Natsu?" I threw him my clipboard.

"Can't I simply sneak out to meet my girlfriend?" he smirked, walking casually towards my desk.

We've been dating for six months.

I sighed in defeat, and went back to what I'm doing.

He sat on my desk, nonchalantly, and played with my hair.

"Natsu, I have to go to Italy the day after tomorrow." I smiled bitterly at him, and he frowned.

"What? Why?" he growled and I chuckled.

"That's exactly what I said." I giggled, still focusing my eyes at my workloads.

"It's mom. Isn't it?" he queried, sighing, and I nodded.

"I had to stay there for three weeks, this time." I sighed in defeat and he groaned.

"That's something new. You usually leave for days, and its weeks this time?" He groaned and I nodded.

"Let's have a reunion with the others tomorrow." I suggested, trying to change the topic.

"But, I wanted to spend it with you!" He frowned.

I laughed at his annoyed face, so I did what a normal girlfriend would do.

Tugging on the end of his necktie, I forced him to lean on me and I peck his lips.

"You're definitely not leaving." He smiled, holding the back of my neck for a more intense kiss.

He leaned more and kissed me, passionately.

We broke off the kiss, panting heavily.

"I love you." I huffed.

"Dammit! I love you more!" He pulled me in for another kiss, and I chuckled between kisses.

Right after the make out session, He broke off the kiss and kissed my forehead.

"Let's go home." He smiled and I looked at my pile of work, sighing.

Without a moment of hesitation, he placed me on his shoulder while laughing.

I couldn't help but chuckle, too.

I still can't believe his mine.

"Let's go on a date, tomorrow." He suggested, dropping me down gently as we reached his car.