Chapter Thirty Eight

I felt my entire body tensed, hearing that name.

I was shaking.

Isn't it too early, for him to be here?

I dashed towards our living room and found him standing there.

He looked at me and smiled.

He's smiling?

Rogue smiled at me?

"Don't look at me like that, Lucy." He stated with his rough voice.

"I came here to apologize for all the rude things, I said before." He calmly added then bowed.

I looked at him in disbelief.

He smiled and shove his hand forward for a handshake.

I reached for his hand and shook it.

"I thought it would be unreasonable, if I continued to resent you since it's been almost 3 years." He says softly.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for everything. Forgive me." I say, tears forming in my eyes and he hugged me.

"It should be me, who's apologizing." He calmly stated.

Rogue and I molded a conversation.

Catching up on things, I missed when I left Chicago.

He met Minerva and she's the one who changed his mind on things.

I'm secretly thankful of her.

Rogue stood up and smiled.

"I must leave Lucy, I have to pick Minerva at the airport. I'll fetch you when it's time." He softly says.

"It's nice to finally talk to you normally again, Rogue." I smiled at him genuinely and he was shocked.

"You finally found that smile again, after all these years. I'm glad." He smiled gently.

"Yeah..." I answered timidly.

"Is it him?" he pointed at Natsu, who was scowling the whole time and I blushed.

"I'll take that as a yes. I'm happy for you." He stated calmly and walked away.

I finally had a proper closure with him.

"Why didn't you introduce me?" Natsu asked, still frowning.

"I completely forgot! I'm sorry! I was too shocked to see him here!" I widened my eyes at the realization.

He glowered and went straight to the guest room then slammed the door.

You idiot! This isn't your house!

I sighed in defeat.

So exhausted.

I went straight to my bed, no longer bothering whatever made Natsu upset.

I woke up at exactly 4:20pm.

Man, I'm hungry.

I went straight to the kitchen and found Natsu on the couch, watching tv.

I sat beside him silently and he turned off the tv then I grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"Natsu, are you still mad?" I asked with concern.

"This isn't like you. Could you tell me what's wrong?" I added and he didn't budge.