Chapter Thirty One

I looked at him in shock and he just looked at me inquisitively.

"Yeah?" He asked in confusion.

"Where did you get this?" I asked in skepticism as I showed him the bracelet.

"Well, when we were kid-" He started but got cut off, when someone else walked inside the room.

'What's taking you so long, Strip-' Natsu paused, and his attention was caught on the bracelet I was holding.

"Hey! What's my bracelet doing here?" Natsu asked then walked in and grabbed the bracelet from my grasp, gently.

"Didn't you remember when we were kids, you used to stay here? You left it at my bathroom, stupid!" Gray explained.

Natsu smiled and looked at the bracelet adoringly.

I just stood there shocked.

"Natsu..." I whispered in disbelief and he looked at me questioningly.

"You're my knight?" I breathed lowly and he looked at me in confusion.

"What do you mean, Lucy?" he asked still feeling lost.

"Gray, is it okay if we head back home just for just a few minutes? I swear we'll come right back!" I asked for his permission, and he gave me a warm smile.

I grabbed Natsu's hand and we walked to his car then asked him to drive.

When we got home, I dashed towards my room and rummaged through my vault then found my hidden treasure.

I felt Natsu behind me and I opened the box, then revealed to him what I was holding.

His eyes widen and his jaw dropped slightly, then it was completely silent.

"This morning, I was looking for mom to ask if she remembers any childhood friend I had, before I left Japan."' I explained and knelt to fasten the bracelet on my ankle.

"Who'd have thought that I had to learn the hard way, who my idiotic knight was?" I smiled sincerely.

"Princess?" he murmured in disbelief, but was vibrant enough for me to catch, and never averting his gaze on me.

"Yes?" I smiled widely, and he composed himself, then flashed me a warm smile.

He ran towards me and tucked me on his arms tightly.

"Who would have thought that the best friend I was looking for, was just right in front of me, all along?" He whispered.

"I told you, didn't I? That I wouldn't let not meeting you ever again, happen..." he added as he whispered the same exact words he said twelve years ago.

"I'm sorry, it took so long for me to come back." I said as I hugged him back.

We continued the hugging each other for a few minutes, until someone cough from the outside of my room.

We looked over to see my mom smirking evilly at us, then we looked at our position and blushed.

"I didn't mean to interrupt your moments, lovebirds. I was just about to ask if you guys have eaten lunch yet." She smiled mischievously.

"W-We haven't yet mom, but we will be eating over at Gray's place." Natsu stammered, while explaining.

"I see... And oh, it's not like I haven't seen you guys hug before. What made today special?" she teased.

"I just found out that he was my childhood friend, before we left Japan, 12 years ago." I reasoned.

"You just knew that?" mom asked in disbelief.

"The heck mom! You knew, all this time?" I gawked at her, with my jaw dropping.

"Well, yeah! Both his mom and I were close. Same goes with your dad and Igneel." She explained.

"GROUP HUG!" Natsu declared happily out of nowhere, then he crushed us both in his arms, and mom and I chuckled.

Releasing from the hug, Natsu knelt and placed his charm on his ankle.

"Let's go back to Gray's." he smiled and we turned to mom to kiss her cheeks goodbye, then walked happily towards his car.

We stayed at Gray's till nightfall and when we were all about to leave.

Gray noticed the two charms on Natsu and I's ankle.

He gasped in shock.

"Oi, Shitty flamer! Is it her? The girl you mentioned that you wouldn't ever forget, when we were kids?" Gray questioned, with a mocking grin.

Natsu nodded timidly.

"You do remember promising back then, that you would marry the girl who owns the other half of that charm, right?" he provoked, and Natsu blushed.

"Shut up, perverted stripper!" He muttered with his face completely flushed, and pulled my hands then walked away.

When we got back home, I went straight to my bathroom to shower a little then change to my pjs.

I walked out of the bathroom and found Natsu sitting by my bed with his laptop.

"What'cha doing?" I asked as I dry my hair.

"Just uploading photos in my folder." He answered without looking and I shrugged then brushed my hair.

When he finished, he slam the laptop off and placed it on my desk and plugged his earphones on while positioning himself to sleep.

After brushing my hair, I found him breathing evenly and sleeping with the earphones on.

I walked towards my bed and laid beside him, I was about to remove his earphones when I decided to become nosy.

Curious as to how he was sleeping peacefully with a loud music on.

I plugged his earphones on and was shock to learn that he was listening to the violin piece that I played in the Halloween party.

I felt my heart throb uncontrollably.

When did he record this?

It really sounds good on his phone, and I never had the chance to listen attentively to how I play songs before. Thanks to Natsu, I've got a chance to listen to it like this.

I've started to notice that he's existence is something I yearn for every day.

I've become totally dependent on him, this past few months. Haven't I?

Does he hate it?

I played with his pink locks for a little bit, before yawning.

I kissed his forehead before drifting off to sleep.

%E2õ