Chapter 2- Trust is worth it

I got ready extremely casual seeing as I had no clue what we were doing and I didn't really care of my appearance. Actually no. I didn't care for what he thought of my appearance or of myself.

I dressed in a pair of light blue skinny jeans with a pink flowy shirt with a navy sweater after all its always freezing here in London.

I got off my bed and got my phone off my bedside table Caller I.D. Said " Sergio " I answered in no less than 15 seconds.

He called to let me know he would pick me up in like five minutes.

He was here perfect timing. I heard a knock and I grabbed my small Michael Kors bag and opened the door to see him on his motorcycle. 

"So, where are we - OH NO! I am not riding that thing." I yelled as I saw that our transportation was a motorcycle.

"Too bad. We are going on this 'thing' whether you like it or not"  

 "I cannot I don't want to I rather walk!  Does your mom let you use a bike like this or what did she say when you bought it"

"Oh, she didn't know she is traveling around with dad again this time they are in New York, I just wish they would be here you know? but Please get on we're wasting time" I suddenly felt regret in asking that question, he looks sad. But I hastily hopped on.

" I know how you feel but my mom is always working and dad barely checks up on us since... That thing He works nonstop so he'll rarely have to come home"

~Flashback~

"Daddy!!! Sto..ppp, please... *giggle*"

my dad was tickling me from the back seat of his passenger with only one had on the wheel and the other tickling me.

My sister was sleeping.

We were coming from Disneyland mom couldn't come because she had work. As my dad kept tickling me, We crashed. A drunk driver came crossing in our path and my sister was killed she was 3 years older than me I was 14 and she was 17 in her senior year. That was 4 years ago I will be 18 in a few months. My dad blamed me every time he got drunk or I did something bad. Only some people know but Sergio? He was there for me during that whole time when others weren't

~Flashback End~

"It wasn't your fault if it was anyone's it was your dads because he was the one who was being irresponsible" this made me hug him tighter than I was already hugging him in the motorcycle.

I know that if he keeps this up my old feelings might come back but right now I couldn't care less.

"We are here" I gasped.

"You... Remembered?" I looked around this was my favorite place to go to and eat we would always come here.

"Yeah, how could I forget, plus I have never stopped coming and you?" I was shocked.

"I haven't been here in over 2 years so let's eat shall we?"

I avoided this place as soon as we lost touch. It had good memories but memories that I knew I could never get back but maybe I could be wrong.

"We shall" he responded

We sat in our usual spot in the corner and I was impressed he remembered a lot. "Can I get- " I was interrupted by Sergio.

"A chocolate sundae without a cherry on top, a western burger with EXTRA onion rings and a bendy straw for her please and I would like the same western burger but without onion rings and a strawberry sundae please" I was in a state of shock he remembered perfectly but he was missing-

"Oh and two pieces of cheesecake one chocolate and the other lemon meringue" cue the gasp.

The waiter nodded and left. "You remembered," I said just above a whisper.

"Yeah, how could I forget.. " He smirked and it made me roll my eyes.

"Honestly I was expecting you to. Why'd you take us here?" Confused.

"This is one of the places we were always so happy in, so I knew it would be the best choice. Plus it's delicious" I laughed agreeing. 

For once I didn't completely hate him. I just hated how he left. 

After dinner, he paid for us and we walked out of the diner drove off and went to the one place I haven't been to in 3 years. The graveyard. I hated coming here, especially by myself. I've always tried but I can't manage to.

"Why are we here?" I asked with sadness

"I need to do something"

"Like?"

"Make a promise" he replied I was confused. Make a promise? We walked until we saw the silver gravestone that read "Claire Evans" and her date of birth as well as death.

He spoke up "Hey Claire, I know that I did not come here as much as Briana but that is going to change.  I will make you a promise. My promise is that" he looked right in my eyes and grabbed my hands not breaking eye contact. " Briana will be my best friend and no matter what we will always be together and I'm sorry I broke that promise and I hope she realizes that your death was not her fault. " He stood up from his current potion and asked me "Will you please talk to me, at least try to let me in? My promise with her has to start with you accepting me. So will you?