Chapter 1- Embarrasment and confrontation

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING" My hands were literally shaking of how scared I was.

I looked up and saw a beautiful pair of brown eyes looking at me. Not just beautiful but they also happened to be my favorite. The ones I could never forget as much as I tried. The ones that left me. 

"Sergio" Why now? Why does it have to be him?

"Bri?" A look of confusion crossed his face with a look of regret I rushed past him when he pulled me back and I hit hard on his chest...

"Let me go" I gritted my teeth, his grip loosened but he was still holding onto me pretty tight. "I have to go to class" I continued hoping he would just drop the subject and leave me be like he has for over two years.

"How have you been?" He sheepishly asked scratched the back of his neck as he let me go.

"ReallY? You haven't bothered to look at me ever since that day and all you have to offer is asking me how I've been?" I laughed sarcastically really dry.

"I've meant to talk to you" he replied quietly. 

The bell rang and I shook my head at him

"BULLSHI* it's been 2 years! 2 years without an explanation, you said you would never leave me you said you -" this time he cut me off

"Yeah, I said a lot of things that I didn't mean" my mouth dropped and my eyes began to water.

I can't believe he just said that. I ran to my next class not wanting to look at him any longer. I tried to keep my tears in but I just couldn't.

.

Every Thursday we have half days here and today we get out at 11:50. All throughout my six classes, I was awaiting the sound of the bell. I just wanted to run home and go watch Netflix or read all afternoon pretending I didn't have homework to do.

I usually take the bus home everyday seeing as both my parents are working, but since it is a minimum day there aren't any buses until the usual time around 3. 

As for the rest of the students, I guess we're walking home because we aren't waiting for another 2-3 hours here. Today didn't go the way I expected it to. I always try to keep a low profile but that didn't seem to work.

I hate being so clumsy.  I always get lost in my own train of thought.

 On my walk home I heard a loud engine every couple of seconds it felt like I was being followed.

I tried to keep my mind off of it and I didn't want to turn around.

"Who's there?" And then the engine completely stopped. Thank god.

"Briana..." I turned and saw him, Sergio. "Please let me explain -" I was fast-walking at that point and I hastily shook my head as a sign of, no. "Please... Give me one chance, I will make it up to you. Everything can go back to how it used to be"

"Oh yeah? What if I don't want it to go back to how it used to be? I don't think I will ever trust you again" I lied. "Everything can go back to the way it used to be? The way you didn't ignore me, weren't embarrassed of having me around your friends? The way you actually cared for me? Oh, wait that's not true because you never cared for me or else you wouldn't have left the way you did!!!!" I didn't realize tears were coming out until I was screaming at him.

"I know you're lying, face it you miss me just like I miss you" he muttered the last couple of words so that I wouldn't hear him but I did.

"You think I miss you leaving? You think I miss you-" Yes I do...

"Yes because I do" Who does he think he is

"Please. I'll pick you up later and we can talk. At least so we can catch up a bit? I'll pick you up at 6 okay?"

Two years and all it took was me being clumsy and bumping into each other so we can talk... I don't know how I feel about this. 

I texted my mother letting her know that I was going out later and she said it was fine seeing as she was working late she was glad I'd at least be out of the house.

What did I get myself into?