Ch.17 He Gave Me A...Hickey.

• Dedicated to Meijayne Lynn

[+Maria+]

"Which one should I pick?" Elena asked. She was contemplating wether to pick the orange nail varnish or the gold one.

"Both. It would look great." I smiled, putting my long hair back into place.

We were going on a trip, the teacher called us out to line up and we did as she said and hurried out.

This trip would be awesome, we were going on a day trip to some cliffy place. I’d be with all my friends, and it would be amazing.

******

“Right, class come together.” Mrs Rodriguez said.

“We have to tell you what you’re doing first.” The assistant teacher Mrs Tarney said.

“So, first you will be exploring the place.” Mrs Rodriguez said.

And without her saying another word, everyone left with their friends.

I walked around with Elena, we talked a lot and then we sat on a huge patch of dry land. I wondered why it was so different to the grass, and why it was so rough.

I looked down and realised why, we were on the edge of a mountain, that didn’t bother us much. We just sat at the edge talking, our legs swinging and the rocks crumbling.

I got my phone out to text someone, and Elena grabbed it out of my hand.

“Hahahaha! I have your phone!” Elena laughed, holding it high above her head.

“Hahahaha. No. Give it back.” I demanded. She pulled a face.

“Well that wouldnt be much fun?” Elena said, and got up, she pretended to throw it. She was in hysterics, then she pretended to drop it down the very bottom of the cliff.

I sucessfully grabbed it from her, but i dropped it when i tried to check what she did with it. I found every piece, except the battery, and i needed it. Then i caught a glance of it, there it was, on the very edge of the cliff, i went to get it, thinking i was safe, i bent over to pick it up, and shock horror, the platform that i was standing on, crumbled and broke, i fell and managed to grab on a rock with one hand. But i was still dangling from a cliff.

“Don’t just stand there! Get help!!” I shouted at my friend, as she rushed through the feilds and was shouting for help. Just as she went, a boy called Jared that i hadn’t talked to much rushed over.

“Help!!” I said.

“Thats what im doing.” He stated.

He managed to pull me up, just in time too, because the rock i was holding onto for support, crumbled and broke.

“You saved my life. How could i thank you?” I asked.

“I dunno. Maybe give me your number..” He said, cheekily.

"You know I'm with Kyle." I replied.

"Damn it. Why does Kyle always have to take the girls?! First Clarissa, now you." My ears pricked up when he said Clarissa, why was she involved?

"What's Clarissa got to do with anything?" I asked.

"I've said too much." He said quickly.

"Yeah, cause' theres nothing to say!" I retorted and with that he turned back into the undergrowth.

After a few minutes Elena reappeared, with no one at her side. I thought she went to get help. The only thing she had was a pack of sweets in her hand.