Chapter Seventeen | An Unexpected Visitor

Even a few days after their anniversary passed, Kyungsoo's heart was still pounding from his almost first time having sex. Part of him was convinced that letting Jongin stop was a good thing because clearly, he still wasn't ready to be taken out of the virgin pool. At the same time, however, another part of him was slapping him upside the head and telling him what an idiot he was. He had a hot boyfriend that he knew lots of people would love to call theirs. Jongin was gentle and practically rearranged his whole life to put Kyungsoo on top of his pedestal. Kyungsoo could go to Jongin about anything without hesitation, but for some reason he just couldn't bring himself to expose himself like that in front of him. This puzzled Kyungsoo despite everyone saying it was just his body's way of saying that he wasn't ready. Every time he and Jongin kissed, Kyungsoo felt ready both physically and emotionally, which meant that whatever kicked him in the gut on the night of their anniversary had nothing to do with his emotions and physical readiness. It had to do with something much more serious, but Kyungsoo didn't know what. Nor did he know that he was about to find out.

"It's good to see that you guys are finally back together," Jongin said to the recently reunited Baekhyun and Chanyeol, his arm wrapped around Kyungsoo's shoulder. Jongin could tell that the whole sex thing was still weighing on Kyungsoo's mind, so he arranged a dinner with their friends to act as a sort of remedy for him.

"Yeah," Chanyeol agreed with a sigh, holding onto Baekhyun's hand from under the white tablecloth. "It feels good, too. I'm just glad that we can let the past stay in the past and move on." Jongin smiled warmly at the couple as Chanyeol placed a kiss on Baekhyun's cheek, the action making the elder male blush faintly. Jongin looked over at the silent Kyungsoo, who had his top row of teeth sunken into his bottom lip.

"You okay, babe?" asked Jongin, nudging him lightly before signing to him. Kyungsoo's eyes went wide as he snapped out of his thinking trance. "Is something wrong?"

No, Kyungsoo replied, plastering a smile on his lips so that he wouldn't worry Jongin. I was just up late last night working on a paper, that's all. Jongin moved his eyes suspiciously over Kyungsoo's face, trying to read between the lines with little success.

"Alright..." he said, deciding to drop the subject until they were alone. "You'd tell me if anything was bugging on you, right?"

Of course, Nini, Kyungsoo said as he put his hand on top of Jongin's. The wide and closed smile on Kyungsoo's face gave Jongin some sort of comfort, enough to let go of the issue for now. Kyungsoo joined the conversation after that and the four friends chatted for the next couple hours about whatever came up. Once they parted ways, night was starting to overwhelm the town and Jongin walked his smaller boyfriend back to his house, their hands entwined comfortably. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jongin asked as they came to a stop in front of the house. He picked up his hand and lightly glided his fingers over the skin of Kyungsoo's cheek, causing Kyungsoo's eyes to fall shut for a moment. "I don't want you to be afraid to tell me anything."

I'm not, Kyungsoo signed, only getting an unconvinced look from the taller. Jongin, I swear, I'm fine. I told you before I've just been busy with school work and haven't gotten to sleep much. I would tell you if something was seriously wrong.

Jongin sighed, nodding his head in surrender. "Okay," he said with a faint smile. Kyungsoo gave him one back and then leaned upward to give Jongin a kiss on the lips that Jongin returned without a second thought.

Do you want to come in for a bit? said Kyungsoo after the kiss ended.

"Sure," Jongin replied, smiling. Kyungsoo did the same and then took hold of his hand once again before leading him up the concrete stairs, checking to see if the door was already unlocked before he pulled his key. Since it was, he just twisted the gold, metal knob and opened the door, stopping for a brief moment so that they could remove their shoes from their feet.

Hyung, we're back- Kyungsoo started to sign, but he came to a screeching halt when he saw his mother sitting in the living room. Why is she here? he asked, motioning to Ryeowook as his mom stood up.

"Soo, I can explain," Ryeowook said, already on his feet. "She called a few days ago and insisted on seeing you. I had no choice but to tell her what's been going on." Kyungsoo shut his eyes and sighed through a clenched jaw, feeling the tears starting to line up in his eyes.

Jongin, looking and feeling utterly baffled, tapped Kyungsoo and asked in a quiet voice, "What's going on?"

"You," Kyungsoo's mother said, briefly pointing a finger at Jongin as she walked over to the two boys. "You're the one who gave us the tour that day, aren't you? And you work at that restaurant?"

"Yes, ma'am," Jongin said, bowing respectfully despite the perplexed tension in the air. "It's nice to see you again." Although, based on the current feeling he was getting, Jongin didn't think that it was so nice after all.

What are you doing here, mom? Kyungsoo signed, a worried look glistening in his eyes.

"What did he say?" she asked, turning to Ryeowook who still felt the weight of tons of guilt on his shoulders.

"He asked what you're doing here," he said in a quiet and regretful voice.

"What? I can't come and visit my own son?" she said after hearing Ryeowook. "You seem to be doing well, especially now that you have a boyfriend." Kyungsoo couldn't hear her voice, but he could tell by the way the motion her lips made when she spoke the words that she didn't approve at all. "When were you going to tell me?"

"When I was ready," Ryeowook said, turning Kyungsoo's hand motions into words.

She snickered airily, lowering her head as she did so. "Well, it looks like you have to be ready now," she said. Jongin still had no idea as to what was going on, but he could remember back to the time when Kyungsoo told him about his mother and squeezed his hand tighter, telling him not to let her discourage him.

"Look, Ms. Do," Jongin said, giving Ryeowook a break from translating, "I know this comes off as a shock to you, seeing your son with another guy and I get that. But I promise that this, our relationship, it isn't something that you should be embarrassed or even ashamed of. I love your son very much and I would never do anything that would put him in a position to be hurt."

Jongin, don't, Kyungsoo said, stopping the younger before he could say anything else and looking up at him with sad eyes. She'll never understand or accept us, so it's better that you save your breath. Let me deal with her. I'll text you before I go to sleep.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" he replied with his eyebrows raised.

Of course, I want you to, he started, earning a small and airy chortle from Jongin. But this is something that I have to do alone.

Jongin nodded his head in agreement. "Alright, well, you better text me before you go to sleep or else I'll start to worry," he said with a faint grin on his lips.

Kyungsoo giggled and nodded his head before he was able to reply. I will, I promise. They both leaned into share a brief but no less compassionate kiss, forcing Kyungsoo's mother to tear her eyes away from the scene. I love you, Jongin, he said and Jongin could see the glistening of tears in his eyes, tears of worry and somberness.

"I love you, too, Kyungsoo," he said, taking a step back and slowly starting to walk toward the door. He glanced back around to see Kyungsoo wave at him and smile that beautiful smile at him, prompting him to wave back before putting his shoes back on and exiting the house. As he got further away from Kyungsoo's house, Jongin suddenly felt an abrupt wave of sorrow flush over him. He pulled out his phone and pressed the "on" button, stopping to see it light up and to see his Kyungsoo smiling at him. While the sight never failed to make him smile, this time as he let it turn off and shoved it back in his pocket, Jongin was worried that he would only be able to see Kyungsoo smile at him through a photograph.

A/N

So, Kyungsoo's mother has arrived and just like those bitchy Korean mothers in K-Dramas, she is here to stir up some trouble. The angst will only last a few chapters and then we'll be back to KaiSoo fluffiness and finally the smut will happen. So, please be patient with me! :)

I hope you liked this and I will be posting "Moonlight" tomorrow! Have a nice day or evening, depending on where you are in the world! <3