Chapter Thirteen | Try

While Kyungsoo and Jongin were enjoying their visit with Jongin's parents, Chanyeol was back in the city, watching Jongin's dogs for him while he was away. He was more of a cat person himself, but since Jongin was his friend, he decided to do the favor of looking over them for him. And seeing as how he didn't have any other plans for spring break, dog sitting had been the most interesting thing he had done over the past week and a half. He would do all the things Jongin normally did: feed them twice a day and take them for long strolls in the park, which he found would have been a lot easier if he was only watching one dog and not three. But as much as he tried to divert his mind to focus on other things like what he would wear the next day or how many customers he thought would come into the restaurant, Chanyeol found himself going back to one person: Baekhyun.

He wondered what he was doing and how his family was, but the one question that kept presenting itself to Chanyeol's attention was was he thinking about him? Did Baekhyun regret fighting with him as much as Chanyeol did? Would he ever forgive him for what he did three years ago, for letting go without fighting for him? Chanyeol hoped that Baekhyun could find it in his heart to at least forgive him enough so that they could be friends again. He thought that even if Baekhyun would never agree to be his boyfriend again, he wanted him back in his life as a friend at the very least. Chanyeol had yet to admit it, but Baekhyun was a person that he couldn't imagine life without.

"How are my children doing?" asked Jongin, talking to Chanyeol on the night before he was supposed to come home. "Are they behaving well for you?"

"Yeah, they're doing just fine," Chanyeol answered, looking down at Monggu, who was curled up beside him on the couch, as he stroked his head gently. "I think they miss you, though. Every time I take them out for a walk, we always end up at your apartment somehow."

"Aw," Jongin cooed, the sound of his childish voice making Chanyeol grin and roll his eyes. "Tell them that I miss them, too and that I'll be home soon."

"When I learn how to speak dog, I will definitely do that for you," Chanyeol said, extruding a muffled laugh from Jongin. "So, what time do you think you'll be getting back tomorrow?"

"I'm not sure, depends on how the traffic is and how many stops we make," Jongin said. "I'm hoping to get back by late afternoon, but I guess we'll see what happens. I'll call you when we're back, though."

"Sounds cool to me." Chanyeol sighed lightly as he spoke, stretching his long legs out a little, which in turn made Monggu stir. "How's Kyungsoo? Did you two get it on in your childhood bedroom?" he asked after he was adjusted in a new, more comfortable position, wiggling his eyebrows as he asked the second question.

"If you must know," Jongin said, "no, we didn't. I agreed to wait until he was ready and I intend to keep that promise."

"Ah, come on, man," Chanyeol said, letting his deep voice trailing off. "It's been like two months already and way more than five dates. You need to tap that ass and mark it as yours."

Jongin went silent, shutting his eyes as he sighed. "First of all, please don't refer to my boyfriend like that," he started, already making Chanyeol grin. "Secondly, I don't need to do anything to prove that he's mine. I know it and he knows it and as far as I'm concerned, we're the only two people that need to know it. Besides, you are in no place to be giving me love advice. Kyungsoo told me about your fight with Baek."

"Ugh," Chanyeol groaned, throwing his head back a little. "Don't remind me about that. I already feel like shit."

"Then you should apologize to him," Jongin said.