Lindsey's showcase experience

- April 25, 2013 -

Dear awesome diary,

Well hello there, well my school had this showcase thing where kids from the feeder schools come to my school. The students from my school have to make a crew and do different crafts. Me and my group were cultural arts. We had Origami, butterflies, head bands, and coloring pages for kids.

I was teaching the kids origami. We had butterflies, pigs, irisis, hearts, and fox faces. I tight kids how to make the irisis. I didn't get that much service in the beginning. So Haley and I thought of going to the front of the door of our room and dance our weird butts off to get people's attention to come in and do our crafts. But we couldn't cause we were both teaching stuff and there was no one to fill in for us. So nataly and this other girl went outside and tried to get people's attention. I sat down and made irisis, waiting and waiting.

Finally I got some kids to make some stuff. He wanted a bird. Ok, that I remember how to make, but I forgot. It was a long time ago. So I made up some stuff. I made this kid do a billion folds while in my mind I'm thinking of how it should go. I finally got an idea and made he kid making rediculous folds. So I taught him my imaginary bird looking thing. Hey, it looked pretty damn good for something I made up while stalling. I was proud of myself and patted myself On the back.

Than I hear the band. " ok kids drop what your doing and let's to see the band!" Said a teacher I didn't know. I took the kid out o see the band. They were playing seven nation army. We headed back in, and the kid never came back. I wasn't done with him!! I sat down and Haley's sister came and sat by me. I started to say," I though me and that kid had something special!" " then he left!" " don't you guys ever leave me!" I said to her. She strted to laugh really harrahs patted my head and said," I won't leave." Yay!! Everyone in the room thought I was hilarious. I wasn't really afraid to speak my mind there.

Haley's sister was making a head band thing. She yelled," I need a glue stick!!" I looked down and saw a glue stick I was Ina position to throw it to her than I head," Lindsey! No!" I pretended I was going to scratch my head instead and said," what? Not throwing anything." Everyone just bursts into laughter.

" I already got yelled at, it's only been ten minutes!" Everyone bursts into laughter again. Hehe I love making people laugh and happy.

Nataly was outside trying to make people come in and do stuff. There was free ice cream outside so me and Haley had our shifs taken care of and went to get some ice cream. I got orange my favorite!! We heard some music in the dance floor. We went in and there were only like five girls there. We went crazy and danced and sang along like crazy people. Then we walked out like noninvasive even happened.

I went back In and I heard someone say the origami master. I walked in and this lady grabbed me and sat me down.

This little boy with ice cream all over his face. I thought it was cute. He wanted to learn how to make an iris. He said," I have alwys wanted to learn how to make this." I smiled and said," you can make it today!" He smiled and picked out a piece of paper to use. I chose a random piece of green paper. I tought him how to do it and his turned out crumbly, but I still liked it.

He looked at mine and said," aww, wow yours is so perfect!" I laughed and said," yeah, lots of experience." He looked at it longer and looked at his. He kept telling me how much it was so perfect. I said," you know what, you can have mine and tell everyone you made it since you pretty much did." He smiled ear to ear and said," really!?" I smiled and handed it to him and said," definetly." He took it and waved at me on his way out. When he left I yelled," woohoo I made him so happy!" Everyone listening laughed.

I put a sparkly heart sticker on my cheek. And looked at Haley and she put one on to. She came over and out her arm around me and yelled," sistahs forever!" I laughed and we went out to nataly. We a we t to the dance floor when we heard Justin bieber singing baby. We ran in and sang along and danced like crazy people.

We went back in and I tought a ton more kids even adults!! Well that was my beautiful night I'll never forget!!