What Did Haley do wrong?!

Monday April 22, 2013

Dear Diary,

Happy Earth Day!

Things havent been going well lately. Have of me knows and doesn't know. Last Friday, my former enrichment teacher, Mr.Science told us we were changing enrichment classes. Nataly and Lindsey got put together in Math enrichment with Mrs.Math, while I was stuck with Carl and James.

"Lucky," I said to Lindsey giving her a glare. "You get to be with Nataly while I'm going to be stuck retaking the 8th grade reading test with Carl and James! Not fair, NOT FAIR!"

"C'mon, it's not so bad, at least you all know each other, and they're friends so you're not entirely alone." Lindsey said patting my shoulder.

I know I didn't mind them that much but I couldn't handle all the glances and stares Carl and James gave me. It made me feel uncomfortable and self contious. Rewind to the weekend, I texted James saying "Hi!", and he never texted back. All through Saterday and Sunday! I asked if I did anything wrong to make him ignore me but he didn't reply. I always hated it when he did this to me. It always leads to me thinking he's mad at me in the end! But I never know what I did to make him not talk to me!

See, when I talk to boys, I don't really make eye contact with them because it just makes me nervous and my cheeks start to blush. Sure, I could be all happy, loud and out going at one point and then in another class all shy and quiet and nervous. It feels like there's a spotlight, and it's pointing at me waiting for me to respond back. I'd panic over just talking to a guy! A guy! It isn't that hard for some people but sometimes is for me.

Back to the story! So Today it's Monday, beautiful Monday! I HATE MONDAYS!!! I HATE THE WHOLE IDEA OF HAVING TO WAKE UP, GO OUTSIDE IN THE COLD, WAIT FOR THE BUS AND THEN IN ADVISERY DO STUPID MATH MONDAY!!!

As I went to my locker and put my back pack away, I saw Fee Fee walking in Mrs.Bark's Humanities class. I walked in and placed my binder at my table. We had new assigned seats and I was all the way across the room seperated from Lindsey. We would always get in trouble for talking to each other. I noticed James hadn't been in here, which was weird because he always came in to see his friends. Yup, he was mad at me, BUT I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!! I just want to slap that boy so badly!

After humanities ended, Lindsey and I headed to Math. Nataly was still in Science class so we just headed straight to math and took our seats. Justin Pear, a really tall white kid who played basket ball and had a deep voice, sat in his seat. He looked passed me over to Lindsey, God knows why.

"Hey Lindsey! Lindsey Shibata!" Justin said trying to get Lindsey's attention. She could clearly hear him but was too busy working on her warm up to respond. I on the other hand was lazy and decided to listen to what Justin had to say.

"Lindsey Shibata! Lin•sey Shi•ba•ta! Lindsey, she•bought•a cat food!" Justin said. At first I didn't understand what he meant, then I relized 'she bought a' sounded like Lindsey's last name Shibata, but I didn't know why he mentioned 'cat food'.

As always Nataly misses all the talk about Lindsey and comes in minutes later. We had a pre test today in math, so we didn't get any homework. Heck yes! While we took our seats next to our friends in the tech lab Kayla had gotten caught eating food.

"Kayla! There is no eating in the tech lab!" Mr.Math yelled at Kayla. Lindsey, Nataly and I all looked at the situation.

In Science I was already caught up with everything and Mr.Science let us have Study Hall time for people who need to finish with taking notes. Since it was Earth Day, Mr.Science handed out some coloring paper with the earth on it saying he'd pick the best three. I decided to do it for the fun of it. And I colored it like a boss!