Chapter 24: Yes Man

I like the Walrus best,' said Alice: 'because you see he was a LITTLE sorry for the poor oysters.'

'He ate more than the Carpenter, though,' said Tweedledee.

Chapter 24: Yes Man

*Eleven years ago*

For a fourteen years old, Vaas was in pretty good shape. His shoulders were already half as wide as his father's and he could take on every boy in the village. As a Rakyat, the boy was the most admired and loved. Why? Because he was to become the next Rakyat leader, the one to rule them. 

Vaas was casually strolling through the village, arms behind his back and smile painted on his lips. The day had started off quite awesome for the young boy. His trainer had decided they would go hunt later on so he could kill an animal for practice, his teacher had set a day off and the boy had woken up to a good feeling in his stomach. The world was going right for the little Rakyat, turning in perfect unison with the objective of his futur, the leader. 

"Vaas!" his name made his head wipe around, the sound of his sister's voice making the smile wipe form his face. It wasn't a shout for fun, it was a scream for help. While the boy searched the square for his sister, another scream came along. "Vaas!" now, the boy was getting scared. What was going on? Citra appeared around the corner of a small hut, eyes wide with fear and her leather skirt ripped on the side of her small thigh. She came running to a petrified Vaas, skin glowing with sweat and hair desheveled over her head. 

"Citra?" Vaas mumbled, eyebrows knitting together. The small girl came running, grabbing her brother by the shoulders, panting and scared shitless. 

"Vaas! You have to go kill him!" she screamed in his face, while all the other Rakyats in the square stopped their doings and turned to watch the exchange between the two siblings of the nobility. 

"Who?" Vaas asked, fury boiling in his veins as he added everything up. The ripe in his sister's skirt, the desheveled hair and the panicked state. Someone had tried to rape his sister, and he had a pretty good idea who. 

"Manuel!" Citra shouted, her voice ringing with the fear inside her. "He tried to-" but she wasn't finished and Vaas was running. His feet pushed him furthur into the village, the anger and rage inside him making all traces of fear vanish. Some other Rakyat men were following him, determined to avenge their princess. 

When Vaas found him, he would ripe him to shreds and paint the walls with his blood. As the Rakyat boy zoomed through the dirt paths, direction to Manuel's little hut, he was screaming the assailants name. "Manuel!" he screeched. "COME OUT!" as he got closer and closer to his objective location, the anger was rushing in his bones and blood so bad, he thought he was going to burst. 

He found Manuel milling around in front of his hut, checking out the clouds are some of the crazy shit he does. Manuel was sixteen, one of the kind of guys who think they are superior to the rest of the people. He was tough, tall with broad shoulders and strong arms. His hands were probably half the sixe of a watermellon, but he was stupid. Vaas knew his weaknesses, since he had fought the adolescent countless times due to things he had done around the village. Once, Manuel had thrashed someone's hut simply out of random anger. No one liked the boy, but he was still here because no one had killed him yet. 

Vaas jumped on the bigger man, throwing him on the ground with a roar of anger. He was taken by surprise, and even though he was a good fighter, he wasn't as good as Vaas. The Rakyat futur leader was recieving daily trainings of how to fight, while the other one was learning on his own. Vaas was quick and stealthy, while Manuel was slow and grostesque. Manuel could throw one good punch that would knock you out, but Vaas knew excatly where to hit to make the pains unbareable and torturous.