Chapter 12: What Makes a Mouse Strong

I am you

And you are me

Chapter 12: What Makes a Mouse Strong

Myra had gone back to Vaas' shanty, ignoring the bodies that were hung here and there. She didn't linger she eyes on the post that Citra's head was supposed to be on, because it gave Myra a headache. That woman had been right in front of her, a knife in hand, and had decided not to kill her. Why? Myra couldn't get her head off what she had said. "You would make a great warrior." What did that mean? Did it mean she wanted Myra to join her? Myra was curious to find out who this woman was, except for the fact that she was Vaas' sister. She peaked her interests, inciting Myra's brain to let the darkness out. 

Vaas didn't come back. Myra was getting worried, not for him, but of why he hadn't come back. Had he been captured? She paced in his shanty, chewing on the nail of her index finger. Her heart was beating so fast every time she imagined all the possibilities for which Vaas wasn't back. She had become used to the freezing temperature of her flesh. Her teeth chattering, the brunette tried not to let the anxiety nibble her away. Stop being such a pussy and go find out! she yelled at herself internally. A groan escaped her lips as the brunette made her way out of Vaas' shanty. However, she wasn't a stupid girl, and not wanting to get attacked by the pirates again, she grabbed a small knife from Vaas' pillow. 

She walked down the incline, confidence in her walk, and made her way to Timo's kitchen. Before entering, she put the knife in her belt and knocked on the small wooden door. Looking around, she noticed the dead Rakyat men and pirates. The alive ones were milling around, searching the Rakyat or carrying the their dead comrades to their graves. Myra wasn't scared when she looked at the dead bodies, in fact, she was intrigued. If she hadn't been a woman and a captive, she would have probably checked the Rakyat bodies. 

"Yes?" she heard a familiar voice. Her body twisted around and she met Timo's face. His skin was bloodied, his eyes were dark and low. The crust of dirt in his hair and on his face made him look older, despite Myra not knowing his age. In fact, Myra didn't know anybody's age, not even Vaas'. She made a mental note to ask him that after. 

"Hey, Timo," Myra greeted, looking inside his kitchen over his broad shoulders. He rose a brow and passed a hand over his bloody face. 

"What do you want, Brave?" he asked, sighing deeply. He didn't seem to notice how 'free' she was. He didn't notice the knife in her belt, the missing ropes on her wrists, nor the lack of body guards. 

"Have you seen Vaas?" she asked cautiously. Timo looked up over her head and frowned. 

"Come to think of it, no," he replied. Myra's heart sunk. Where was this son of a bitch? She nodded sternly and put her hands on her hips.

"Where could he be?" she asked. Timo looked down at her with a frown. He pursed his lips, biting down on his lower one before answering. 

"I wouldn't know, Brave, he seems to have a mind of his own that senor," he answered. Myra sighed, looking back at the abundance of dead bodies. This didn't seem like Vaas just to disappear like this when a good battle was going on. 

"Could his disappearance have anything to do with his sister?" she continued her investigation. Timo shook his head. 

"If that furcia even as much as came within inches of him, he would kill her," Timo said angrily. "He wouldn't waste his time in trying to capture her and vice versa. It would be an instant battle. How do you know about Citra anyway?"

"Vaas told me that post he keeps clean and unoccupied is for her head," Myra answered, looking back over the hill. She could see the circle of heads and the lone post. She felt cold. She hated that.