Chapter 22

Eden's P.O.V.

Dusk was starting to fall the pink glow in the sky would have been beautiful if my mind was not full of worries and regrets. For most of the drive Sam's friends talked about TV shows trying to keep their minds from wondering to darker places but sadly mine was already there, swallowed up in dark thoughts trying not to imagine what sam was going through. My mind no matter how hard I tried was constantly listing names and my wolf was become restless. I had no idea what to expect when we got to the witches house, her name was Sala. That was the extent of what I knew about her, my parents seemed to trust her but dahlia seemed nervous. I could tell that her prejudice against witches wasn't unwarranted it was easy to tell that she wasn't being racist against the witch but I was afraid to ask in case it was something that I didn't want to hear. I heard a loud crunch from behind. Turning around slightly I looked over at Dani who was munching happily on an apple. Thinking nothing of it i turned back around. Emmett pulled over to the side of the road.

"Ok Raven. It's your turn." He called over to her. Raven stood up taking Emmett's place at the wheel.

Dani was on her tenth apple within two hours.

"You seem to really like apples." I said turning around to look are her.

"That's an understatement." Dahlia who had finally gone back to her normal self said.

"She eats at least twenty a day at the minimum." She continued. This can only mean one thing...

"Dani you must be a gypsy healer. That's the only way to explain it." I said.

"A gypsy healer?" Dani asked.

"Yes. Gypsy healers are rare and were in the past either allied with Werewolves or Vampires. They also have mates in both species." I explained.

"Why didn't I remember that!" Dahlia exclaimed.

"It has been more than a few hundred years since I last saw a gypsy healer." She continued. The thought seemed to resurface bad memories because she shuddered slightly.

"Can I ask what happened a few hundred years ago or is it too painful?" I asked cautiously.

Sighing she opened her mouth to reply, choosing her words carefully.

"A witch many years ago killed my family and my best friend Renia, she was the best gypsy healer I had ever met. That is why I distrust witches." She spoke slowly a few tears sliding down her cheeks. Ahhhh.... now I feel like a complete bitch... ehh... it's not like I didn't know that already.

Almost out of the blue the scenery changed. The forest suddenly ended and a desolate land stretched out beside it. The differences between the two lands was astonishing. I stared out the window trying to see the slightest evidence of life but I couldn't find anything.

"This witch must have not wanted by the wrong people when a witch casts a protection spell this is what happens." Dahlia said looking around at our surroundings. That would make perfect sense if we weren't 5 hours from our destination. Great that means that this witch is Hella powerful and if we mess up its bye bye baby. I wonder how my sister is holding up...now that I think about it we'll have to find dean too... you know because he had his ass dumped by a demon and is probably rotting in a theoretical cell right now. Must be a pretty strong demon if it was able to posses a demon... great... we're on the road to hell.

Sorry about the length but I was having major writers block. Enjoy!