Chapter 18

Sam's P.O.V

I never thought I'd be walking through these halls again. It felt as if I was in a dream.

First period had just started, which meant the basketball team was getting ready for training. Walking into the gym I spotted a guy I hadn't seen for a long time.

"Ash!" I yelled sprinting over to my old captain.

"Hey Sam." He said with a big grin.

"Couch is right you look horrible." He said eyes scanning my face.

"You didn't do anything stupid like becoming anorexic did you?

You know how I feel about girls not looking after themselves." He asked looking concerned.

"No, it was nothing like that." I replied shaking my head.

"I just got really sick." Ok. I know that this is a total lie but what am I supposed to tell him? That I'm a werewolf and my "boyfriends" (still not exactly sure what our relationship is) brother kidnapped me and kept me hostage in a dirty back room? NO WAY! People already think I'm a bit strange, that'd be adding Fluro yellow icing on an already crazy cake.

"What did you have?" He asked eyeing me skeptically; Still thinking it may have been something more.

Oh shit, shit, shit. What should I say had? It has to be something that lasts a long time and makes you unable to get out of bed... Thinking back to biology I tried to remember the list of sicknesses that my teacher had given me. Ah. Got it!

"I had Glandular fever." I said simply.

"Oh, how long does it usually last?" Ash asked.

"From as couple of days to a couple of weeks usually but I had a really bad case." I said mentally sighing in relief.

"That's good. As your captain it is my responsibility to get you back into shape." He said smiling.

The other team walked in and I saw some boys that I recognized, the boys from the carnival.

Their eyes widened looking at me however they quickly diverted their gaze not wanting me or couch to catch them staring. couches whistle singled the start of the game. My wolf smiled as she purred with pure the ecstasy that the sport gave her. stealing the ball, I scored a few goals and I could already feel he old me coming back as missing pieces of the puzzle clicked into place.

By the end of the game I couldn't help the grin which spread across my face.

"Good job Sam. See you at next weeks training?" Ash asked.

"Of course." I said high-fiving him before I went into the lockers to have a shower and get changed.

* * * * * *

Dean and I sat on my couch. Something which I had dreamed about doing during all the time in that moldy old room.

I would say that the movie was good but I honestly don't know since we talked throughout the entire thing. Closing my eyes, I sighed happily. Wolfie, is something wrong? I asked as I felt him stiffen beside me. Danger. His wolf said. His wolf had never been one for words. Opening my eyes, I saw some people I never expected to see again. My parents! I exclaimed. I need to go. Wolfie said standing up quickly and disappearing out the back door. What's wrong? I asked raising to follow. Sam your parents are hunters... I stood staring blankly at the place where Dean had disappeared allowing his last words to sink in.

"What!" I almost shouted, covering my mouth I went through what I knew about hunters but the only thing that came to mind was something that Dean had told me, Hunters kill anyone that has been changed even if they're family. I am so screwed!