Chapter 7

Alert: kissing and fight scene within this chapter.

I lay in the cave, Wolfie was asleep in the far corner; the night was cloud filled and chilly, a bad omen. Howls sounded from outside the cave signalling that a pack had entered our territory. Wolfie jumped to his feet crouching, ready to attack. The wolves were closing in surrounding us. Growls sounded throughout the night as my wolf prepared to fight. Stepping out of the cave I came face to face with a pure white wolf, He snarled baring his teeth. Wolfie came in front of me protectively pushing me away from the white wolf back towards the cave. Stay his voice growled in my mind, my wolf growled must fight, must protect territory over and over in my mind.

Wolfie and the white wolf circled each other sizing up before lunging and stepping back into their earlier dance they both waited for the other to slip up, Wolfie stumbled, whitie took the opportunity to attack when his guard was down however, Wolfie's stumble was a trick to get Whitie closer and he easily attacked the wolf who thought that he had the upper hand. Wolfie snapped at his front right legs snapping it easily, yelping whitie backed away.

They continued to circle each other Whitie limping as he went. Come on Wolfie you can do this... Looking up I noticed a really big red wolf walking towards us, he looked at me intensely as if he was trying to figure out something, I could sense other wolves coming at me from either side, standing up from my sitting position I quickly evaded the wolves that were trying to block my escape.

As a human I was already a really fast runner, which gave me a big advantage while in wolf form. I could probably be on the track team if I wasn't so clumsy but as a wolf with my senses heightened I was no longer clumsy.

Although these wolves were more experienced than I was, I was more Agile their large forms were somewhat intimidating but it also slowed them down. Wolfie what's happening? Why are they trying to corner me? A few seconds passed as if he was contemplating the best way to answer. It's because they want to kill me and make you a part of their pack. We can't let that happen! I answered trying to sound tough. Definitely not. He responded a smile in his voice. Looking over at Wolfie I realized that he had the white wolf by the neck, Wolfie growled as the white wolf tried to escape.

The white wolf knowing that he had lost rolled onto his back in a form of submission showing that Wolfie was the dominant wolf. All the wolves turned leaving the woods, howls could be heard as they communicated with their Alpha. Wolfie let go of the white wolf who limped away into the woods. Wolfie eyes never left the wolf until he was out of sight. Are you ok? he asked Turning to face me. Yes, I'm fine I heard him sigh. Good. He said as he walked back towards the cave.

Walking into the cave I lay down to sleep, I could feel his eyes on me but i had no idea what he was thinking. I was starting to really like Wolfie and wanted to meet him as a human. I couldn't help wondering if we would be friends as we drifted off to sleep. Just before I went under I heard a voice in my head Yes we would be. I was unsure if I had imagined it but I was too tired to think and soon drifted off into a deep sleep.

* * * * * *

I woke in the early morning to the chirping of a bird, looking around I noticed that Wolfie was already gone. That damn Wolf always disappears on me... stretching I stood up I was supposed to be meeting Emmett this morning for a study period.

Our tests started next week. It took me an hour to walk to Emmett's house from the woods, when I knocked on the door it was answered within two minutes.

Emmett stood there in front of my looking as if he had been ready for hours; his hair was already perfect in the windswept style, although he was still in his pyjamas. Hahahahahaha his pyjamas are so adorable!