Chapter 1

I Glanced up at the seemingly never-ending rope which lay in my quivering hands, why am I so scared... it's not the first time I've had to do this, so what's different this time? Tugging the rope to test its strength I continued to try to overcome the strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. I can do this; I can do this, repeating this again and again I tried to unglue my feet from the gym floor. I could feel all eyes on me, waiting. Coach McCallen sighed heavily, running his hands through his short blond hair.

"This week, Turner!" shouting my name, lately I had been getting on his last nerve and he had finally cracked. He began tapping his foot impatiently "Before I make you run laps for wasting my time!" ok... he's completely lost the small amount of marbles he had left... I've released the demon.

"You can do this." Dahlia said from somewhere behind me.

"Easy for you to say" I said turning to my pale skinned, dark haired friend.

"Are you sure you're not related to monkeys, you climbed that rope like a boss." Dahlia rolled eyes, smirking to me.

"Sam, theoretically we all are."

"A boss..?" groaning Dahlia sighed

"No you douche, monkeys." I rolled my eyes. Dahlia slapped me with all the force she could muster, which still only felt like an extremely fluffy feather.

"Ow. That hurt...my feelings"

"ahem." Hearing a cough I turned around to face him. Coach's expression said 'get the fuck up that rope' yesh that was scary. Dahlia pushed me roughly in the back, imploring me to climb the rope. Closing my eyes I blocked out the chatter of the class, imagining that I was alone. Gripping the rope tightly, pulling my body upwards before using my feet to clamp the ropes slack. Ok, ok. I can do this just keep going. Pushing off with all my strength I reached for the next section of rope. The rope pressed into my palm as my grip tightened.

"You're going to fall!" I heard Anna shout in a mocking tone. Rolling my eyes I continued to climb the rope.

"Anna, she is already doing better than you can ever hope." Dahlia snapped, glaring at the schools 'Plastic'

"Girls!" Coach McCallen's voice boomed over the chattering teens

"Be quiet or you'll be doing laps into the night-time!" Silence filled the gym as I continued up the rope, as I moved up my foot became entangled in the ropes slack. I tried wriggling my foot to untangle it but it wouldn't come loose. Looking down I noticed that it was a simple enough problem to fix. Reaching down I untangled my foot, however I lost my grip falling to the gym floor and taking Dahlia with me. Opening my eyes I looked at the faces of all the people surrounding us. Groaning Dahlia pushed me off her.

"Get off me you flightless bird" chuckling I rolled off her only to be looking straight into Anna's cake face.

"Be quiet" Coach yelled

"Go to the locker room there is nothing to see here." Reaching down he helped me to my feet, Dahlia who was already on her feet punched me lightly on the shoulder

"I'm not a cushion for you to land on"

"Huh. I thought only cushions could be that comfy"

"Sam, Dahlia" Coach said looking between us

"You need to go to the nurse for a check-up"

"Nope" Dahlia and I said simultaneously. The nurse was by far the meanest person we had ever met; last year I broke my arm during gym. I went to the sick bay and she gave me some Band-Aids telling me to 'stop being a wuss' turning I grabbed Dahlia, pulling her towards the lockers. A strong arm however stopped my advance