Dani moaned in her sleep whimpering inaudibly. Pausing my music I allowed my ears to pick up on what human ears could not.

"Apples, apples, app...mmm." She mumbled again before snoring slightly. She's dreaming about apples... Her and her family... I mentally shook my head smiling at her weirdness.

Maybe apples recharge her 'powers' like the green lantern thingy that Hal Jordan carries around, no don't be stupid! Hey, I'm not being stupid! Yes you are. Oh shut up brain! Dammit I'm arguing with myself again...

Sam. I heard Wolfie say. You're not stupid. You're adorable. Yeah whatever Wolfie say that again in a couple of hundred years. I reply cheekily.

Mercury leaned in closer to Dani. Looking over at me he wore a questioning gaze.

"She loves apples." I said shrugging. Ok, so that may be a major understatement...

"She really, really loves apples." I corrected myself. Dani's eyes fluttered open, looking at me she smiled.

"Hey Tweedle-dee, where's Tweedle-dum?"

"She's off getting tea" I said jokingly; Happy to see Dani was being herself.

Dani started singing; out of key along with the radio. Dahlia walked in at that moment, instantly covering her ears. I joined Dani making sure that I was singing as badly as possible. It's fun to act like this after the recent troubles, I felt like forever since I had been able to be myself. The one that sings out of key had movie marathons and laughed so much that I snorted. I had missed it all so much... I still feel uneasy around Mercury but when I see the way he looks at Dani I no longer fear him.

"How long should it take me to heal?" Dani asked the room at large.

"The doctors were astounded at the rate of your recovery, so hopefully not long." Mercury answered. Dani gasped backing away from him.

"W-w-what are you doing here?" sadness filled Mercury's eyes as he watched the woman he cared for physically move herself away from him. I stood moving over next to Mercury. Hopefully this works...

"He saved you, Dahlia trusts him so, so do we." Dani nodded still looking unsure.

"It will still take me a long time to learn to trust him." I said looking over at Mercury.

"I'm sorry." he said giving me a look full of worry and regret.

"I know."

* * * * * *

After three days Dani had healed enough to leave the hospital, Dani, Raven, Emmett and I were in Dahlia's sky blue beetle which she had named "Bon" which was short for Bon Jovi. Dean went with Mercury because he wanted to talk with him "alone" My mind was abuzz with a tornado of thoughts. We had agreed on meeting at my house but I was still uneasy about letting Mercury in.

"I have a special present for your birthday." Dani said turning around to look at me; careful not to hit her damaged leg.

"The present you need to get me is your recovery."

"Oh don't be stupid; people only say that so they don't seem greedy. We all want presents!" She has a point... no matter what we always get excited over the prospect of presents.

A car zoomed past us making dahlia veer at the left, pulling in front of us it slowed down to a crawl. Dumb-ass. I groaned in my mind. Maybe I should say that out loud... I thought as I scratched my chin. If you want me to have to kill him for harming you then go ahead. Wolfie said calmly. Wolfie, you're freaking me out. I replied. And why would that be? He asked. You just... gave a death threat and you were way too calm about it. I say. When it involves you what's there to think about? He asked rhetorically. Hahaha. What about not gaining a criminal record; you big dummy. I reply sarcastically.