☙13❧

It felt weird being surrounded by the Six. What was even weirder? I happened to be the talk of the school; associating with the new students whom everyone else wanted to be with. I personally would have liked to explain to my student body that this was all being done by force, and that i preferred being in the back of the class, where no one could see me. Or really know about me.

But no.

Instead I'm walking the halls, right behind Auric and Violet, and with Langley and her brother beside me while the other two were behind me. I felt like i was part of a presidential security. My eyes glanced around the spaces of the bodies surrounding me to look at my peers. Some were whispering to one another and others were blinking rapidly.

But then we crossed the hallway where Josh and his friends hung around before school and they didn't look very happy. They kept throwing strange glances our way and I tried my best to keep my eyes straight forward. it wasn't until we had approached my locker and the Six decided this was their new hangout for the mornings while i was busy getting my things from the locker.

My science book was being pulled out when i heard Jonah growling, "Can we help you?"

I turned my head, raising my brows at the twin that narrowed his eyes cautiously. My eyes then followed to who he was staring at and i blinked, "Christa?"

Christa swallowed, looking between me and the Six and shifted uncomfortably. Her normally brave posture was replaced with a weak one and her green eyes fell on mine before taking a deep breath to let it out slowly.

"Hey, Thea... um... do you think... we could... talk?"

I raised a brow, tilting my head and frowned, "About what?"

Christa wrinkled her nose, grimacing as she whined, "Come on, Thea... don't be that way."

"What way? I'm just asking what you could want to talk about with me when you have allllll those friends you made lately?"

She closed her eyes, looking away and chewed her lip carefully. She then turned back to me and apologized then and there that she shouldn't have said anything about my parents and that she felt like an idiot. I didn't know what she wanted me to say, to be honest. I mean... what do you say to someone who insulted you the way she did? And how do you forgive something like that so easily?

"Can we just... please... talk... privately?" she glanced at the Six whom all stared at her with their narrowed gazes just as they did to everyone else.

I found Auric's gaze who raised a brow, silently warning me and I rolled my eyes before sighing, "I'll be right back..." then held out my bag to Jonah to ask if he could hold it for me. He took it, then looked at his brother who growled out that i was supposed to be back in five minutes.

I narrowed my eyes at him when he added, "Or I'll go get you."

My attention went back to following Christa once Violet took it upon herself to grasp Auric's jaw and face him to her so they could lip lock. I rolled my eyes, walking a few feet before Christa stopped by the other side of the hall and faced me. There was a bit of incessant chatter around us, so I was sure no one was eavesdropping on our soon to be conversation.

Lifting my arms to cross under my chest, I sighed, "So... what's up?"

My former best friend licked her lips, glancing everywhere around but at me and just by her doing this, I found that i had little patience than I believed i had.

"What, Christa?"

She looked at me then, startled that i spoke so harshly. Her green eyes teared as she whispered, "I miss you."