“Um…I’ll walk you out,” I stuttered.

He walked ahead of me towards the door while I limped after him. He stopped at the door and turned to face me. 

“You sure you’ll be okay?” he asked me. 

“Yes, I’m sure,” I replied with a smile, “thank you.”

“Don’t worry about it,” he said, smiling back at me. 

I looked down and suddenly got nervous. I cleared my throat.

“Look, about…what happened. I--”

“You don’t have to explain it right now, I know you’re dealing with a lot and I just want you to forget about it right now and get some sleep,” he interrupted. 

I nodded, still not looking at him. A part of me was relieved that I didn’t have to explain to him why I had just tried to kill myself. But another part of me wanted to confide in him and tell him everything that has happened to me since I moved here. It’s been bottled up and I needed to get it off of my shoulders. But could I really allow myself to open up to him. To anyone. I came here to get away from my old life and I couldn’t risk getting vulnerable again and getting hurt. I didn’t know what to do.

“Maybe you can talk to me about it some other time, maybe…over coffee?” he said. 

I whipped my head up at him and didn’t see one ounce of nervousness in his face. Was he being genuine? Does he really want to know about my messed up life? Do I have it in me to trust him with my secrets and my past? I didn’t know what to do. But I know that if I don’t talk to someone soon, I might end up attempting to take my life again. So I made a decision.

“Umm…sure,” I replied, “that’d be great. I definitely think I need to talk to someone about it.”

“Of course,” he said. He pulled out his phone and clicked a few things before handing it over to me, “Here, put in your phone number and I’ll let you know when I’m free.”

I took the phone and punched in my number. I handed it back to him and he continued to click his screen again before I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I took it out and saw that I got a text message.

It said: “James :)

I put my phone back and smiled up at him. 

“Alright then. I should go,” he said. He opened the door and stopped and turned his face around.

“I’ll see you around, Isla,” he said with a smile. 

“Bye, James.” Smiling back at him.

He turned around again and walked away. I closed the door and leaned my back against the wall. Today was a blur. So many things happened. Some I couldn’t explain. Some I wish would leave my memory forever.

I slowly and carefully walked up to my room and collapsed on my bed, not bothering to change from my work clothes. I was drained and I needed to sleep. But I spent the majority of the night tossing and turning. My thoughts were preventing me from sleeping. All I could see was the train station. The blinding light from the train coming towards me. 

James. 

And thoughts that I’ve fought to keep hidden in the back of my head. 

Niall.

Harry.

Home.

**

Harry’s POV

I was having another dream of Isla again.

In this dream, I was standing at the altar at a beautiful church, wearing a nice suit. And then a girl in a beautiful white dress with a veil covering their face was walking towards me holding a bouquet of flowers. The figure finally reached the altar and she pulled back the veil over her head.