An Unexpected Change 33

Start from the beginning

I had no time to worry about my pain though. They were after me. I struggled my way out of the bush and ran towards a forest near the school. It would be much harder for them to find me if I was inside a dense forest.

I heard yelling as I ran into the forest. A sharp pain shot through me like an electric shock but I couldn't stop or they would get me. I had to keep running but it was becoming increasingly difficult as the pain increased. I had no choice but to stop soon or I would end up collapsed on the floor in pain.

An idea hit me. They would no doubt find me if I countinued to run as far as I could then collapse. There was only one other way and that way was up. I stopped at a tree that had a thick layer of leaves covering the top so that you couldn't even tell how high it was. I grabbed my scarf and tightened it in my hand. I jumped and my scarf got caught on the bark of the tree. I used my feet to pull my knees up and then clamped the on the tree. I quickly stretched my arms up and they caught on another part of the tree. I countinued up until I was inside the cover of the thick leaves.

I sat down and relaxed my now burning muscles. Every part of my body groaned in pain after my little adventure. I was tired and I tried to calm my breathing down so I could catch my breath. I leant my head back and closed my eyes as I relaxed myself.

A loud snap of a twig woke me. I was suddenly wide awake.

"Shh, we want to surprise her." said a voice I recognised from earlier. It was the woman that wanted me to fall to my death. They must be searching for me.

"Are you sure she is even here? What if she went the other way or is still hiding in the bushes?" Another person said.

"Lets look somewhere else, she is obviously not here." I heald my breath as I heard footsteps walk in the opposite direction. I waited until I could hear no sound and then I waited a short while longer just to make sure that they had gone.

The sun was setting so I had no choice but to climb down and make my way to a safe place for the night. I strolled forwards as the light gradually faded into complete darkness. As I struggled throught the dark forest I kept falling over due to the thick twisted roots of the old trees. I had no idea where I was going but I just had to keep walking.

The pain came back with a vengence. I couldn't stand the pain much more. I was ready to just lie down on the floor when a small light caught my eye. I walked through the bushes onto a field which had a huge building on it. A small window was filled with light. I had to try and sneak to the front so that I could check if it was safe.

I sprinted across the field up to a window where the light was shining. I glanced in to find a middle aged man sat at a wooden desk with his head in his hands. He looked stressed. I felt sorry for him.

I scanned the room to see if I could get a clue as to what kind of place this was. As I checked the room I removed my focus from the man. That was a terrible mistake. From the corner of my eye I spotted the man make his way across the room to the window I was stood infront of. I dived to the ground out of shock. I deffinatly need to concentrate more.

"Wait young lady." A soft voice plead. I looked up into the mans inncoent eyes. "What are you doing here looking like you have been dragged through a hedge backwards? Would you like to come inside you look cold and tired. Wait there I will come and get you." and with that he ran from the window. I stood in shock. What should I do? Should I run or stay. He seemes nice enought but to be honest I think by know I have learnt that not everything is as it seems.

Before I could decide the man stood before me. "Come on inside." he urged. I followed him because to be honest I couldn't be bother to go back into the dark forest where the nuns might find me.

He pulled me round the building to a grand enterance. As soon as I stepped inside the warmth of the room hit me. I hadn't realised how cold I was until now. As I walked down the corridor a big sign caught my eye. It said 'Welcome to Eaghton High'. Oh no not another high school I think I have had enough high school drama to last a life time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So she finally escaped! Do you think she will stick it out at Eaghton High?

Let me know what you think by commenting PLEASE!!!