Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty
Grace

     We pulled up at the restaurant at around eight thirty. Traffic had been bad and Luisana insisted on taking me out shopping for some new clothes before we went out. I felt like a new person.

I felt a pang when I found myself wishing Preston could be here to see all of this with me. Deep down, I knew that he was always watching over me.

We got out of the car and I was immediately blinded by flashing lights. I panicked, covering my eyes. I was worried that somehow the lights might blind me again permanently.

I felt a strong arm wrap around my shoulder protectively as Michael shuffled us past the paparazzi that had somehow found us.

I heard my name being called over and over and was in awe that I, a normal girl from Vancouver was now someone that the paparazzi wanted to know all about.

When we finally made it past the shouting and cameras we were escorted through a door at the end of the hallway and into a beautiful large dining room. There were private booths and large tables elegantly decorated with crystal cups and candles. Large chandeliers decorated the ceiling and we were seated near the far end of the room.

"May I bring you anything to drink?" The waiter asked me politely.

"I'll have a sprite please," I replied.

"Two cokes for us, please." Luisana chirped happily. The waiter nodded and went to fetch our beverages.

"I'm so thankful for what has happened lately," Luisana said, "it was truly a miracle that you got your vision back. You really are a fighter, Grace." She gazed at me proudly.

"Thank you," I mumbled, embarrassed yet touched by her kind words.

The waiter returned with our drinks and I smiled at him in thanks.

"So, do you have anything you want to do, now that you have your vision back? Any places you want to see, people you want to meet?" Michael asked as he sipped at his coke.

I nodded. "I've always wanted to backpack around Europe-" I paused, thinking, "Especially Ireland, meet Betty White, and be a YouTuber." I blushed fiercely.

Michael nodded with a smile. "That sounds like fun. Maybe when I'm finished recording my new album we can take a trip to Europe."

"I can introduce you to Betty, I'm sure she would love to meet you. She knew we were trying to adopt."

I was bouncing from excitement. "Meet Betty White?! Really?" I squeaked in surprise.

This really was too good to be true.