0.8

"He needs me for another run." Luke groaned, glaring at his phone screen. He looked like a badass with his tattoos but he was actually a big softie.

"It's okay, Luke. And my parents are coming home later. I told them I have a boyfriend and they wanted you to stay for dinner... if that was alright?" I nervously remarked, biting my nails.

"Of course. I'd love to meet the people who gave me the best thing that's ever happened to me." He cooed, kissing my cheek. "But I really gotta go. I'll come back whenever you guys have a time set. And I'll try to dress up and make a good impression." He assured, intertwining our hands.

"And yes, I'll keep my piercings out." He mumbled against my lips.

"Thank you, Lukey. I really want them to like you. Even if they don't, I'll still like you." I laughed, worry leaking into my voice because, my god what if they don't?

"Goodbye, Sweetheart." He retorted, kissing my temple. "Bye, you little punk." I joked, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Affectionate one, aren't you?" He replied, kissing my forehead.

I pulled away and I looked into Luke's eyes. It was like the whole universe was painted in shades of blue. He pressed kisses all over my face and I giggled, making him smile against my cheek.

"You make me incredibly happy. And since Christmas Eve is tomorrow, I'll spend it with my family. Then, on christmas morning, I'll be over as soon as I'm up to help you unwrap gifts. How does that sound?" He explained, swaying us back and forth.

"Perfect. Like you.." I whispered, digging my face in his chest. "You make me happy too, Luke." I confessed, loving the feeling of his arms around me.

"Goodbye, my sweet boy. I'll be back later." He spoke, kissing my head and letting me go.

"Be safe!" I called, scolding myself for sounding like an over protective mother.

"Yes, Mom!"

********************

"I'm excited to meet the boy. What's he like?" My mum asked, making fettuccine Alfredo. I love my mum, it's just my dad I have a problem with. He still refuses to accept the fact that I'm gay.

"He's amazing, mum. Before you judge him on his looks, get to know him. He's tall, almost a foot taller than me. He has blonde hair, sparkling blue eyes, the cutest laugh and the corniest jokes. But his personality is amazing. He's a goofball, but can be serious. He looks threatening, but he's actually a sweetheart. You'll love him once you get to know him. He has tattoos and piercings but he wanted to make a good impression and is taking them out and hiding his tattoos as best he can. We really like each other and I hope you guys like him as much as I do."

I finished my speech, looking at my mum. Her mouth was agape but she looked happy nonetheless. "I'm glad you're happy. I'm not necessarily fond of tattoos and piercings but I'll learn to be alright with it."

I gave my mum a huge hug, the doorbell ringing. "I'll get it!" I called, racing to the door. I swung it open and there Luke stood in all his glory.

He had on a white dress shirt, a black tie, black skinny jeans, and nice boots. His hair was pulled off to the side, giving him neat fringe and his piercings were out. He looked amazing.

"Like what you see?" He teased, leaning against the door frame. "I do." I laughed, grabbing his hand. "Mikey.. What if they don't like me." I felt Luke's demeanor change once we got closer to the kitchen.

"I explained it to my mum and she was really happy about it. You'll be okay, I swear. And even if they don't accept it, who cares? It's my life." I concluded, bringing him into a hug.

"Look what you've done to me." He muttered into my hair. I simply gave him a cheeky smile and pulled him into the kitchen where my mum was serving dinner onto plates.

"Mum, this is Luke." I introduced, squeezing his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Clifford." Luke spoke, offering his hand. "I may be a businesswoman, but I'm quite the hugger. Come here, Luke." My mum giggled, pulling him in for a hug.

My mum nodded at me, and a
huge smile made its way onto my lips. She liked him! She actually liked him! I was shocked honestly. "I see you're into tattooing." My mum noted, making my smile drop.

"Yes. I can show you some, if you'd like." He offered, and my mum nodded. He got into detail explaining the rose to her. The same rose he drew in Mr. Joseph's class the first day I met him. Luke never told me what the rose was for.

"That's so sweet." She consoled, patting his arm. "It's alright. She's in a better place."

what? better place? who died? she was talking about the rose and i remembered how he wrote 'mom' under it. Oh god, his mom passed?

Suddenly, my dad came down the stairs and stopped when he saw Luke. "Dad. This is Luke." I spoke, motioning to the slightly quivering boy. My dad looked at him with so much disgust. If looks could kill, Luke would be six feet under.

"You chose the tattooed criminal, I see." My dad spat, making my mouth drop. Luke's fists clenched and my mum noticed.

"Daryll. A word." My mum demanded, pulling him upstairs.

"I'm so sorry, Luke. I forgot to mention my dad's a douchebag." "It's okay, doll." He spoke, kissing my forehead just as my parents came back down.

My dad looked even more pissed and my mum was smirking.

"Forgive me. We came off on the wrong foot." My dad lied, sticking his hand out. Luke shook it and we all headed to eat.

****************

"So, Luke. What are your Intentions with my son?" Mum asked, setting down her wine. "Honestly, I just want him to be happy. I want to hold him when he's upset, buy him flowers, take him on cute dates and spoil him. He deserves it." He compromised, running his thumb along my knuckles under the table.

"If you do anything sexual, use a condom." My mum urged, Luke and I turning red. "Mum!" I groaned, smiling the tiniest bit. I even noticed my dad cracked a little smile.

"I won't do anything till he's ready..." He blushed, biting his lip.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Goodbye, Luke. It was nice meeting you." My mum spoke, giving him a hug. "The same goes for me, Luke." My dad spoke, shaking his hand once more.

"It was a pleasure meeting you both. Goodbye, Mikey." He smiled, pressing a kiss to my cheek. "Bye." I waved, as he shut the door behind him.

"Well?" I asked, turning around to face my parents.

"I like him. I'm still not fond of the tattoos but after he explained some, it seemed less reckless and more artsy." My mum concluded. I squealed and she smiled.

"Dad?". I asked, my stomach churning. "The boy seems genuine but I despise his physical appearance. I accept, but if he so much as messes up or crosses me, he's out. All I want is for you to be happy. And if that means you find it in someone like him, I can't stop you." My dad sighed, making me almost cry with excitement.

"Thank you guys!" I yelled, giving them a hug. "We love you, Mikey." My mum called as I ran up the stairs.

I grabbed my phone and sent a message to Luke.

'They accepted you."

A/N: I originally planned for his parents to be total fuckfaces and not give Luke a second glance but I'm nice okay -Franki