Chapter XI

We just finished packing up for our trip home when Tom, both of his sisters, and their mother showed up to bid us farewell. We gave them eggs to pass on if they didn’t hatch for one of them.

“They won’t escape will they?” Fred asked.

“Not with her powers stripped. Funny, she was born from a human magician and an elf. Who knew she had that much power.” The Queen said.

“They won’t come back after a while, will they?” Kayla asked.

“Maybe, Ryan courted her mind and used her to his advantage. Maybe after some time away from him she could realize her mistakes and join us like the trolls did.”

            I saw Brittney standing in the arch-way. She was changed out of her slave outfit and now in a magenta dress. I walked over to her and we talked shortly.

“Am I still welcomed to your kingdom?”

“It’s not mine yet.”

“It will be. She deserves someone like you.”

“And you also deserve someone good enough for you.”

“Just not you, Matthias. She loves you, but she’s claimed you as hers.”

“I love her and that can’t change.”

“She asked me to be her maid of honor when we were changing.”

            I glanced back at Ashley, who was dressed in her green dress she came to the Elven Kingdom in, and mentioned for me to hurry up.

“I promise, I’ll find your parents and get you settled in a house in our kingdom.”

“You promise?”

“On my word as a Dragon Rider and a king.”

“You’re no king yet.”

“I will be soon.”

“I think you need to get going. Don’t you have relatives waiting for you?”

“Thanks for reminding me.”

            When we returned to the kingdom, I told the others to go to the castle and have dinner without us as we traveled the whole day without stopping. Vanilor landed in front of my old home and my mother came out with my relatives and a new man. He was tall had short black hair and green eyes.

“Hi, Mom.” I acknowledged her as I assisted Ashley off the saddle.