Chapter VI

“Frankie?” Ashley asked.

“Surprised? I heard you were here so I came.” her young cousin said. He was about eleven years old, had light brown hair and was sitting with the Queen and Brittney at the circle.

“Well, yeah, but I thought you were going stay at the kingdom. How'd you know we were here anyway?”

“The maid told me when I gave her the puppy look.” he said

“I told you we should get stronger help.” I told her.

“Well, we need to get another bed upstairs.” Liana said.

“No, he can have mine; I'm sleeping with Matthias anyway.” Ashley said.

“No, surprise there. You two are engaged now.”

“What?” the Queen asked.

“Why is everyone saying that?” I asked. “It's just an engagement.”

“So, you took my advice and agreed to her?” the Queen asked.

“She got me.” I said.

“C'mon let's eat. I'm starving.” Frankie said. We all sat down and ate together.

“Matthias, we will be integrating the troll you put in the dungeons after the meal.” The Queen said. “Good. My main concern to know how far their slave trade is and stop it.”

“What about the Troll King?”

“We'll deal with him later.”

“What do you plan to do with the traders?”

“Imprison them. Those who resist will be killed.”

“You really don't tolerate slavery, do you?”

“Nope, not since a group of traders came to our kingdom and put a price out for Ashley.”

“I wouldn't blame you for that. She is a very beautiful girl. You should be proud to have her for your betrothed.” I smiled at her statement and looked at Ashley.

            We had gone through near-death experiences and were both legendary. Now, we were engaged. This marked an important point in my life. I looked at Kirston and, as Melody said, there were small blood stains in the back of her dress. After the meal, my gang and the Queen headed to the dungeons. I saw the Queen tell Ashley something before she came to join us. The troll that I transported was there in a cell with enchanted metal bars.

“Nothing out of him yet.” An elf reported.

“Have you tried torture?” Lamar asked.

“Dude, c'mon. Torture?” Adam asked.

“Well, how else are we going to get this to talk?”

The ol' Dragon Rider reveal spell.” I said.

“You can do that?” the Queen asked.

“Yeah.” I said.

            I cast the spell and the troll said. “King want Elf kingdom for him.”

“Then why are you enslaving humans?” I asked.

“Slave build ship fleet. Expand kingdom, too. They build monument of king.”

“So you're building a fleet of slave ships and the slaves build the kingdom?” I asked.

“Yes, human slave plenty. Make kingdom big. Brown girl you with make good slave. Fellow trolls on hunt for her.” Hearing the troll speak of Ashley that way angered me. I was about to kill it when the Queen said “Don't let your hatred control you. She'll be safe with you.”