Prologue

Thank you for reading my first novel. I hope you enjoy the story I envisioned. Please keep in mind that this book is a dark novel with many dark themes. A special thanks to those who have helped me get my book to where it is.

This book is dedicated to my brother Jesus Merced (1981-2016). I love you man.

No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording and so on without prior permission of the author. Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling this novel constitutes as an infringement of copyright, which is punishable by law.

Prologue

Flying through this endless sea, a lone soul, Antonio, desperate to arrive at his destination, felt exhilaration as well as an understandable amount of trepidation. Nothing protected him from the harsh reality of space, save his clothes. Faintly reflecting the metallic particles enveloping him with each drive forward, the garments sparkled.

Each gaseous ball shimmered melodiously. Dimming and flickering, as if an unseen creator conducted this symphony of luminescence. The universe, which constantly moved expressing its splendor to unseen eyes. Black holes slowly ingesting matter, tumultuously stripping and reorganizing atoms. Radiation and gamma rays pushed through surrounding galaxies. In some planets, helpful bacteria evolved, while in others, the organisms assisted to extinguished life.

Gas clouds, reigning in this environment, flexed and pulled upon themselves. Ricocheting meteorites broke apart into minuscule pieces, grinding into each other, creating suspended dust clouds. Hanging in the void, the clouds increased in mass while moving at an unsightly speed.

Black shoes with a yellow swoosh, white socks, faded jeans, and a body-hugging t-shirt that expressed support of a former A-list actor adorned Antonio's body. A profile of a fallen sitcom star, embossed onto the black shirt reflected the quicken particles moving about the abyss. The actor smiled holding both thumbs up on the t-shirt; a poor quality garment purchased from a recent trip to Las Vegas.

Tingling, like small pinpricks, the exposed parts of his skin interacted with the vacuum of space. Although no star sat nearby to diffuse the inhabitable chill of the black abyss, an inward warmth permeated his body. Immune to the extreme fluctuations in temperatures, a chill ran down his spine causing the few remaining hairs growing along his thirty four-year-old body to stand on end. Keenly aware of the internal fluctuations of energy within Antonio were not a product of the cold of space, but the excitement he felt while moving through the void.

Floating through the vacuum like swimming through a jar of preserves, every muscle already strained beyond capacity. Further impeded by countless particles slamming into Antonio's body, the endless emptiness posed an insurmountable challenge. Yet, with each attempt to drive forward, one to three light years flew past. Extreme focus allowed him to move at this speed. Waves of energy pushed against him like swimming against an undertow.

"I must get to Sirius. Mara needs me!"

His lips pursing and relenting with each syllable, however with no air to reverberate the sound, the audible words did not exist. His exquisite wife's visage exploded into his mind. Her sultry lips glistened from her repetitive sweep of her tongue upon them. Each lap of her tongue moistened and stroked her full mouth, begging to be kissed, for someone to rub their fingers over.

Gorgeous emerald eyes adorned her visage. They were the first thing that drew him to her, seemingly shining brightly across the room, beckoning him to close the distance between the two, before he realized, he stood amidst her hypnotic eyes and never turned away. Her soft oval face with a tiny nose projected her beauty. More than beautiful, Mara contained a sensuality, which permeated her being.