Chapter 45

Groaning loudly, as the agony swelled in her small frame, Liddah returned her attention to what previously transpired, "Jonathan!" Liddah thought while the memories and knowledge of this man radiated through her mind.

Gingerly opening her eyes, Liddah cringed as she stood. Glancing around, the two men lay writhing in place as the boy, Samuel splayed on the ground next to the pale man. Returning her attention to her body, Liddah felt the heaviness of the metamorphosis weighing her down.

Her fingers trembled as lightning stitched her side. Liddah's vision glossed over while muddled thoughts incapacitated her. The world around her shifted as a warbling sound emitted within the depth of her mind.

The men began to writhe. Robotic and agitated movements along with tensed muscles made the men's grotesque characterizations of spastic gestures. Puppets bending unnaturally, twisting to regain their strength of composure thrashed liked one electrocuted. Ligaments popped while bones splintered upon the men as Liddah leaned upon a nearby tree attempting to regain her focus.

Quickening thoughts decanted into her mind's eye. Jonathan's life, his focus upon boy and now her, shrouded by an unknown intent, his usage of disposable assets. Placing himself above other, anger swelled in her breast as she considered what she learned.

"You are dangerous, child." A deep, choked voice sounded to her right. "You broke through my defenses so easily. If I wasn't tethered to these two, I wouldn't have had such difficulty."

"Jonathan, was it?" Liddah inquired softly.

The pale man locked his blacked glowing eyes upon Liddah without responding as his body continued to convulse with immense agitation.

"You are a grotesque creature. I'll do everything in my power to keep this child away from you." Pulling the bioenergy from the tree, it withered and decayed, crumbling into dust. "Even if it means taking the life of this great tree, I realize people like you are who Nom warned me of. The way your mind places yourself above others like these poor men, you disgust me."

Strained chuckles resounded from the two men, "He he, poor men?" Jonathan continued through the voices of the two, "These two are both sexual deviants. Before being placed in my service, they would delight in capturing children like you or the boy and having their way with them before killing and disposing their bodies." His chuckles became deeper as he continued, "If I didn't include them in my own employ, countless of children may have been placed in harm's way."

Liddah's face became impassive as she listened.

Jonathan continued dismissively, "Your youthful ignorance is astounding. I feel by your tone, you've grown with the notions of absolute good and evil. I can tell you that there is no such thing as absolutes in this world." Liddah's face tensed as he continued, "Take this boy before you, do you think by his size, his age, that he is an innocent?"

Refusing to respond, Liddah listened as her body tensed further.

"He is like me. A ruthless monster in the guise of a child. Do you know how many innocents this one has eliminated?" Jonathan allowed many moments to pass before them as Liddah considered his words. The dust crumbling from the tree Liddah absorbed wafted in a breeze as it settled upon the landscape, gently kissing it. "Of course, you don't," Jonathan continued, "Such is the arrogance of youth. You consider his size, his age as innocence without considering what is underneath."

"Be Quiet." Liddah said softly.

"Come again?" Jonathan said straining.

"I said shut your mouth." Liddah, calmly, threatened.

Swelling the newfound energy within her core, Liddah's mind cleared as her magenta eyes glowed fiercely. Flooding her power wholly into her small frame, her heart quickened. Liddah's thoughts raced as she formulated her next attack. Smiling, she glared at the two men, in turn.