Cromwell

We arrived at my place of residence shortly after 3 in the evening. Just in time too as the cloud cover began to dissipate revealing a bright sun that would remain unshielded for the remainder of the day. We all made our way into the sitting room and sat in silence while my parents conversed with one another.

Nicholi left shortly after he made sure that I was feeling alright. He didn't want to leave but he needed to go and talk to his parents about Tyler and Jamie.

"So what are we going to do?" I asked my mom as I took a seat beside her.

My mother placed her hand on my leg. "Your father and I have thought of a plan."

"If we can't leave a body we need to still make them believe that they are dead and that would require a substantial amount of blood. The human body has about 10 pints of blood and needs atleast 66 % of it to survive. So about two gallons of blood will be needed to convince everyone that they are dead."

"Am I the only one that sees the flaw in this?" Jamie said in a quiet voice as she joined in on the conversation.

"The flaw is carefully figured out. We have three months to do this. For the blood that is taken from your body you will receive a transfusion to immediately replace it. The two procedures will be done simultaneously. Gallon one will be taken today, then you will rest for the rest of the month. Then gallon two will be taken during the second month."

"So what happens on the third month?" Tyler asked.

"We set up the details of the crime scene at Jamie's home." My father responded.

"We can't set up a crime scene when my parents are there!" Jamie shrieked.

"You parents will be at dinner with Carlisle and Esme while we set everything up." Alice said as she skipped into the room. "I've set everything up, and we will have enough time to get everything done."

Tyler joined Jamie's side and wrapped his arm around her waist before pressing a kiss to her forehead. She didn't acknowledge it, I did notice though that she seemed to lean away from his touch.

"Jamie, I know you aren't exactly liking Tyler right now or Renesmee but you need to make your family believe like you three are the perfect bunch. You and Tyler need to be in love and you and Renesmee need to be best friends." Alice explained. "In a few hours you will call your family and tell them that you are in the hospital when they ask why you will explain that you were swimming and a wave threw you into a coral reef that resulted in you loosing a lot of blood which required you to have a transfusion." I have no idea how Alice could make this conversation sound like a normal chitchat that one would have over lunch, but she did.

Jamie's eyes glistened with the tears that she was trying to hold back. Just as Alice has finished speaking the tears slipped from the confounds of her eyes and drizzled down her cheeks.

I bit my lip nervously and looked back and forth between my parents and Jamie. It was so hard seeing my friend cry. Just knowing that these tears were because of me made me feel like a monster. She was a sweet girl, she was a good friend but I hurt her. I was stealing her from her family forever.

"Th-three months?" she stuttered as she tried to pull herself together. "Will I be able to see my family before I say goodbye?"

My father nodded his head. "Of course, things need to be as normal to your daily life as possible. Once you make that phone call and we take the blood you will rest for a couple days and then we will send you home as if you had just come back from vacation with us."

My mother moved to the edge of her seat. "When you return home your friendship with Renesmee, no matter how it is now, needs to be as close as ever. The same with your relationship with Tyler."