Chapter 2

As the day dragged on, Karkat found himself standing in front of the doors to the forum, peering in at the other students eating lunch.

Karkat hunched over, as he timidly made his way to an empty table, closer to the main hall that led to the library. In case he needs go escape.
Karkat didn't eat much, you see. People tend not to have an appetite when they loathe themselves. This led to Karkat being a mere 96 pounds, underweight for his 5'2 frame.

Karkat sat alone at his table, a sheet of paper present there, as he doodled on it. As he spent his time making lines as straight as can be, in a mess of nothing, Karkat felt someone next to him. Slowly he turned his head and was met with aviator glasses, inches away from his face. Dave.
"I hope you don't mind I sat here, every other seat was taken." Karkat wanted to snort, that was a lie. "Not like I care, do what you want." Dave placed a hand over is heart, faking hurt. "Oh Karkat you've wounded me, all I ever wanted was your love." Dave chuckled at the end, as Karkat rolled his eyes.
Karkat turned back to his picture. "What'cha doing?" Dave said, in a teenage girl infatuation voice. "Drawing." Was Karkat's reply. Dave refused to give up. "Drawing what?" "Shit if I know and fuck off."

Dave, seeming satisfied, painted on his smirk again, and went to his food.
"Why do you wear those stupid, tacky, damn aviators inside?" Karkat hissed. "I thought you told me to fuck off." Dave grinned a shit eating grin, as Karkat growled in the back of his throat.
-------------
Finally, school ended and Karkat managed to not get in the way of everyone. It went relatively smoothly, he thought. Karkat, doing his best to avoid Dave as much as possible, walked home instead. Dave was on his bus, after all.
The walk home was uneventful, people driving their kids home, people getting home for work, or even leaving for work. The usual. Karkat walked into his house, discarding his backpack in the corner behind the door.
Karkat stayed on, the couch, tv surfing the the majority of the evening, only to get up and trudge to his room, backpack in hand, when Kankri, the oldest Vantas, came home and scolded Karkat about his homework. Karkat plopped into the seat in front of the desk, and removed his binder from the largest pouch of his backpack. He tossed it onto the desk, thunk. Karkat fished around for a pencil for what felt like an eternity, finally he found one resting on the bottom of his sack.
Karkat turned towards his binder, flipping it open, on the front page was his doodle from lunch. Karkat's mind drifted back to the conversation with Dave, as he scanned the paper. Written in the top right corner, was a long note. Written small, and quickly it appeared, by the scrawl in front of home, read "Hey, KitKat. Have a break. If you ever want to talk to me, here is my pesterchum. I also have trollian, if you're a heathen and still use that site. My handle is turntechgodhead, and I would be ecstatic if you'd hit me up. If not I'm asking every person on the planet if they know who you are. You're like a mystery to be solved."
Karkat would talk to Dave later, he decided. He's going to actually try to do some homework first, as he didn't finish his Pre-Calc in class, lame.

Eventually, Karkat finished his homework, and that was his cue to close and lock his door. Kankri made him leave it open when he had to be doing homework. Karkat went back to his desk, pulling his laptop towards himself, and lifting up the top. He logged into trollian, and found himself typing in, "TurntechGodhead," into the search bar. Karkat decided to spike up conversation.

Carcinogenetictist [CG] started trolling turntechgod [TG]

CG: GUESS I'M A FUCKING HEATHEN.

The reply was much quicker than Karkat expected.

TG: i'm guessing this is kitkat

CG: WOW AMAZING, YOURE LIKE A SLUETH.

TG: i can hear your anger through your letters and its killing my vibe