(62): Falling Slow

*So, the previous chapter made me sick to my stomach and I know you guys felt the same thing. Still, I need to write it for my story. I hope you guys keep on reading. We're almost done here. Any artists you want me to listen to? Also, follow me on Instagram, @camzieebautista! Lots of love to you guys. Lately been obsessed with wedding movies: 27 Dresses, Bride Wars, The Wedding Planner, The Proposal, Runaway Bride BLAH BLAH. Don't judge me HAHA*

Ian's POV

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

I smiled, even with my eyes closed. I reached out across the other side of the bed and held onto her waist. I pulled her closer to me and leaned my cheek on her shoulder. She sighed and ran her fingers through my hair. 

"Everything about last night was amazing," she said. "I almost forgot how amazing you are."

I kept my eyes closed as I kissed her on the shoulder. "We've only been separated for a day," I said.

"If that's what you call all those years, then yes," she said.

Years?

I yawned heavily and opened my eyes, blinking twice to make sure I wasn't just seeing things. Her eyes weren't the rich brown they used to be.

I blinked again and shook my head.

It was Nicky.

Not Nina.

I bit my lip and swallowed hard. "It felt like a day," I said, catching my breath. "Because last night made me feel like nothing has changed."

She placed her hand under my chin and smiled at me. "You're happy about this, right?" she asked.

GOD NO.

"Of course," I said, wrapping my arm around her waist. I kissed her on the cheek. "Why wouldn't I be? It's everything I wanted."

She smiled and leaned in to kiss me. "I was going to make you work hard for it, you know," she smirked. "I was going to go all the way and make you suffer."

Like you haven't been doing that already.

"Too bad you couldn't really resist me to begin with," I sighed, kissing her back. "Honestly, babe. Would you have enjoyed watching me crawling back to you?"

"Now that you mentioned it, I would," she said. "Why don't you do that right now?"

I shook my head. "You'd much rather watch me crawl, than do this?" I laid my lips on hers and rolled over so that she was on top of me. I kept my grip firm on her neck and I held onto the other side of her face. I kissed her deeper and pulled away, licking my lips. I stared back at her, smirking.

"You're right," she said, trailing her thumb over my lower lip. "Why did I ever think I could resist that?"

She smiled and cocked her head to the side. She ran her thumbs over my cheeks and just looked at me quietly.

"What?" I asked, taking her hands.

She shrugged. "You don't know how long I've waited to have you here," she said, running her hands through my hair. "I waited way too long."

Although I was stopping myself from inwardly puking on that one, I could see it in her eyes that she meant it. 

She missed me.

I placed both my hands on either side of her face and pulled her down to kiss her. I kissed her softly and held her closer to me. "I needed to be here," I said. "I needed to be with you."

Because everyone needs me to. Because everyone is suffering because of your wickedness.

She lied down next to me and wrapped her arm around me. "You shouldn't have left me," she said, her tone turning bitter. "You should have stayed."