Four: Crime Scene

Janes POV

I walk a little bit more and finally see the place where the crime scene happened. As i approach the place i realize its a normal house which was surrounded by police tape.
From the window to the walls.
It said "KEEP OUT" like a hundred times.

I quickly get my kitchen knife out and remove the police tape that is on the door. With a small trick i open the door and quietly get in. I turn on my flashlight which makes my eyes widen with horror.

Blood.

Blood was splattered all over the floor, walls and even the ceiling. I gasp and cover my mouth breathing a hideous smell.

What jane?
You thought it was going to smell like roses? I tell myself.
I was expecting something less disgusting but then you realize that horror scenes in movies don't compare to real life bloodbaths. Like these one. Besides Jeff visited this family a few days ago so the smell wasn't going to leave soon, probably never.

I stare at the pictures that were hanged on the wall, which had sprinkles of blood, and analyze them more closely.

In the picture there were four people all smiling: the father, mother, son, and daughter. They looked as if their life was perfect, like if they weren't expecting nothing bad coming their way.

Great.

Another life. Another soul to terrorize. You love to ruin happy families, Jeff...Its your speciality.

I then follow the trail of blood that leads me to the living room where i spot a window glass that has been simultaneously open and i see a pieces of glass everywhere on the floor. Thats how he got in. No wait. Thats how he broke in.

I examine everything in the living room, hoping ill find find something. I then notice that in the back of a wardrobe theres like a mysterious written message. Wait, what? I might be losing my mind again. Jeff wouldn't do that.

I didn't want to find out but curiosity got the best of me and i found myself heading towards it.
I remove the tall wardrobe a bit, and since its way too heavy to be moved, i just get to move it a little. I turn my flashlight towards the wall to check and see if there was something.

I was right, there was something on the wall. A message.

Written in blood.

I felt my stomach twist and tried not to puke the dinner i had yesterday.

In my way here i thought nothing was going to surprise me but then again this was reality not a video game nor a movie.
I felt the need to throw up again, cause the smell wasn't that pleasing, but i cover my mouth and focus on the thing.

As i read the message and process it i stop breathing, the flashlight then falls from my hand hitting the ground.

It cant be possible.

I back away rereading the message not believing it.

YOU'RE NEXT, DEAR!!

Jeff had left a clue. Well not a clue but a clear message!!

I was a little happy, well i was pleased that a clue was found, and a little bit of joy came to me.
Finally. After so many days of recklessly doing nothing.

I was mad that Jeff would never leave any clue behind in any crime scene, probably making him look like a damn pro.
But this made him look like an idiot.