Twenty Eight

It's been two days since Oliver has left me. So far he hasn't called which made me feel just a little bit better about everything. Harry was scheduled for a bunch of concerts within a week and I am definitely not ready for him to leave me. Him and I drove up to the hospital together, this seemed to be our whole life now. Going home to sleep, waking up and going to the hospital. It was constantly on repeat.

The nurse was holding Finnley when we got there. There goes the one hold per day I thought. She smiled at us with a wide grin.

"Finnley is doing incredibly!" She exclaimed, "you guys will be able to hold him whenever."

"Really?" I asked smiling.

"Yes... And with his progress I'd say he's set to be home in a week or two."

I looked over at Harry with tears in my eyes. Finally those are the words that I've wanted to hear. Harry jumped in to hold Finn and I stood close by looking at my tiny son in Harry's big arms.

"I don't even want to go back on tour." Harry admitted.

"You have to." I said, "the fans... And plus you love it!"

"That's true... Next week we've got concerts everyday... Then a two day break which I'll come over here for and then I'm back on tour for a couple of months."

I groaned, "that's not a lot of time with you."

"I know I'm sorry." He said.

I just nodded, it's not his fault that everything is happening right now. Harry handed Finnley off to me and I held him. It seemed like Finn had gained some weight which is good because that's exactly what needs to happen for him to leave.

<>
One week later:

"Hey Brie." Harry said shaking me.

Ever since the day that Oliver was taken away from me Harry had been sleeping in my room. I rolled over and opened my tired eyes, "what?" I asked, "what time is it?"

Harry chuckled, "it's four in the morning."

"Why the fuck are you waking me up!?" I asked annoyed.

"I'm leaving remember?" He laughed.

"Oh... Yeah." I said sitting up.

Harry was nicely dressed, he held out his hand and I took it. We walked into the living room together, there the three other boys were messing around with each other.

"Good bye." Harry smiled at me.

"Bye..." I replied.

Harry pulled me in for a lengthy hug, "take care of Finn." He winked.

"I'll see you in six days?" I asked.

"Yes." He smiled kissing my forehead.

We hugged one more time before security rushed them all out. I said bye to the three boys, and Harry one last time. I was now left alone for the first time in months. It was definitely quieter than normal. I went back to bed and woke up at 11:30. I quickly got ready and rushed myself down to the hospital. Normally Harry and I were gone up there earlier but I was extremely tired.

I got inside the NICU and saw the same nurse from a week ago putting Finnley's stuff in a bag. I rushed over there concerned, "what's going on?" I asked.

"Finnley is going home today." She smiled.

I looked down at my little boy who no longer had tubes, stuck inside of him. He wasn't on a machine anymore! I began crying mostly because Harry wasn't here to share this amazing moment with me.

"Congratulations... Go get his car seat and he's all yours."

I nodded and  quickly ran to the escalade. I fumbled with the car seat but got ahold of it. I didn't think we'd be taking Finn home so soon. The nurse showed me how to put Finn in his car seat and then me show her the same.

"He's all yours now." She smiled, "bye Finnley."

"Thank you so much." I said lifting up the car seat. With one arm I held my son in his car seat, and the other I had his baby bag.

This was definitely emotional because Harry isn't with me. I always thought Harry would be with me when we brought Finnley home.

I buckled Finn into the middle section at the back then hopped up front. This was definitely a different feeling driving not only myself, but my son home. Finn and I got to the apartment. I grabbed the bag and then the car seat and headed up to my room. This was insane standing in the elevator holding my son. I got inside the apartment as quick as I could and got him out of the car seat quickly. I was now holding my son in my apartment. I phoned Harry praying he didn't get on the airplane yet.

"Hello?" Harry asked into the phone.

"Hey." I smiled.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Did you board the plane yet?" I asked.

"Nope just about why?"

"Finn is home now." I said.

"What?" He asked, "like you got to take him home?"

"Yes!" I laughed.

He didn't reply for a moment, "I wish I could come home now I really do, but I can't."

"I know... I was just letting you know."

"Wow..." He said, "tell him I love him."

"I will." I smiled.

Harry hung up and Finn was wide awake. I changed his diaper which was a poopy mess. I gagged a few times, "man that's so gross Finn!"

I brought Finn into his room and showed him around. "This is your crib." I told him, I picked up a bassinet and brought it into the living room. I laid Finnley down in it and smiled wide. Finally something positive out of my not so positive life.

My cell phone rang and I picked it up, answering the random number.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Brie?" A really recognizable voice asked.

"Who's this?"

"It's your mom..."

My eyes grew wide, "what the fuck do you want?"

"I want you to visit me with your brother." She said.

"No." I answered, "my brothers not even in my custody any longer."

"Why? Who has him?"

"Grandma and grandpa they took him from me."

"Oh Brie I'm sorry..."

"I don't want your sympathy I'm going." I said.

"No please this is my only phone call for a long time!"

"Fine what do you want?" I asked again.

"How's the pregnancy?"

"Like you care." I laughed.

"I do." She replied.

"Well it's lovely. I gave birth to him a month earlier than I was supposed to."

"Wow... Is he in the NICU?"

"He was. His name is Finnley if you even care."

"I do care... I care a lot."

"Bull shit!" I said loudly calling her out, "you're the one who fucking kicked me out! You treated me and Oliver like nothing when dad died! You're a piece of shit mom! I hate you!" I didn't mean to explode like that but it just sort of happened.

"Brie." Mom said sternly.

"Nah don't even talk to me anymore." I hung up.

I broke down into a fit of tears. How dare she call me asking to see me! She abused my brother! She didn't care about him or me for years! She deserves everything she gets in jail!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Comment, vote, share, follow