Twenty Seven

I sat in a very uncomfortable position holding Finn close to me. I never wanted to put him away I just wanted to hold him forever. The way he took quick breaths of air, and how eyes flickered across the room looking at everything.

"It's different out here than in there hey?" I asked him smiling widely.

"Oh my goodness Brie!" I heard the same annoying voice of Rachel the lady I met a couple days ago.

I looked over at the sound where she called me from, she was holding her daughter and Kyle was smiling wide at me. They're so fucking weird I thought...

"They're letting us leave early!" Rachel exclaimed.

"Oh congratulations!" I said truly happy for them.

Even though they were weird and not my type of people I was always extremely happy for any family leaving the NICU, and leaving it early was even better!

"Well miss seeing you and the big pops around!" Kyle said.

I gave him the weirdest look ever, "who?" I asked staring strangely at the man.

"Harry!" He said smiling.

I burst out laughing, "Ha-Harry!?" I couldn't help myself but laugh at how funny it was for someone to call harry 'the big pops.' Instantly I felt bad for laughing because both Kyle and Rachel looked upset with my sudden outburst of laughter.

"I'm sorry..." I said.

"We have to go." Rachel said firmly.

"Bye good luck!" I commented as they turned and stormed away at how rude I was.

Not my fault they're weird I thought as the two left the doors for the last time. Eventually Harry and Oliver came into the hospital. Harry helped Oliver wash his hands and arms, I really didn't want to tell Oliver that he's going to be taken away from me.

"Oooh! Can I hold him!?" Oliver asked when he got over to me.

"No you can't buddy..." I said, Oliver stared at me weird.

Harry explained to him that only one person can hold him a day and only once. Oliver sat down in a chair next to me, Harry of course snapped more pictures. I realized that Harry takes tons of pictures, of almost everything. One time he stopped the car and took a picture of a lost dog then posted it to Instagram, like who the fuck does that.

"Oliver." I said looking at him.

"Brie..." Harry began but I shot him a look and he knew to shut up.

"What?" Oliver asked.

Again Harry tried to catch my attention but I blocked him out, "remember grandma and grandpa?" I asked.

"Yeah they came to my school today." Oliver commented looking uncomfortable.

"What?" I asked completely confused.

"After the bell rang instead of you and Harry waiting outside of the classroom grandpa and grandma were... They said I was coming home with them because you didn't want me." A tear slipped down his cheek, "then I ran away but the principal forced me back inside the class and they explained everything to the teacher... And then Harry came to rescue me."

"They tried to take him early?" I asked looking over at Harry.

"Yeah." He replied.

"You don't want me anymore?" Oliver asked.

"No Oli trust me I do... But nobody thinks that I take care of you well enough... They said it's best for you."

"I like you better though." Oliver said.