Ten

A part of me didn't want to leave Oliver all alone but I knew I had to choose. My child's life, or my brothers. I knew nothing terrible would happen to Oliver if I left but he'd get an insane amount of chores... I wasn't sure if having an abortion would be as difficult as people say it will be. I laid in my bed and thought about my options and what I should do, I wasn't sure. I had to choose by tonight. I didn't want to be pressured into something and then regret it... I had to talk to someone I thought, but who? Fern! I whipped my phone out and dialled in her number. She would be so disappointed when she finds out that I'm pregnant I thought. But she is my best friend and I needed support right now.

"Hey." Fern said when she finally decided to answer.

My hands shook violently I can't do this... "H-hi..."

"What's wrong?" She asked instantly.

I took in a deep breath, "fern... I'm pr-pregnant." The tears then began to spill out. The word pregnant to me was no longer something beautiful but something terrible.

"What?" She asked as if she didn't hear me correctly.

"I'm pregnant." I cried.

"Brie..." Fern said quietly, "no."

I couldn't say anything else my heart was shattered and I couldn't control my sobbing.

"Brie what are you going to do?"

I explained everything to her. Who got me pregnant, the nurse, the councillor, what my mom told me, and then what Harry said he'd do for me.

"Brie, I strongly think you should keep this baby."

"But I don't want to be all alone." I cried.

"Would you rather have an abortion then?" She asked.

"No." I really didn't want to. I know Fern has gotten pregnant three times, the first one she went with her boyfriend who was over eighteen at the time and they got an abortion, the second one she had to tell her mom, and basically her mom said the same thing as my mom said to me. For the third one she really wanted to keep the baby this time, she kept saying there's a reason she keeps getting pregnant. She even convinced her mom to let her keep this baby, but when she was five months pregnant and driving home from the doctors office, she just found out she was having a boy. She was texting me and a car smashed into her, the impact instantly killing the baby.

"Brie, don't do what I did. You will regret it so much."

"Okay..." I said quietly.

We said good bye and I called Harry. I told him that I'd love to have that apartment he was talking about. He told me he'd get on a plane and fly down here as fast as he could. In the mean time as I awaited Harry's arrival I packed my bags. I packed up my clothes, pictures, everything that meant something to me. My door swung open mom was standing in the doorway eyes bloodshot as if she was crying.

"Are you leaving!?" She asked half yelling at me.

"Yes." I said calmly not wanting to cry.

She just turned around and slammed my door shut not saying another word to me. I finished packing and brought everything to the front door Oliver was guarding the big white door not wanting me to leave him.

"Please!" Oli cried begging me not to leave.

"Oli I love you but I can't be here right now." I said trying hard not to cry.

"But Brie I need you here! Mommy's not nice to me!"

"She's not nice to anyone." I said looking away from Oliver's big green eyes that were spilling out tears.

My phone rang and I was relieved to see it was Harry. "Hello." The deep British voice said.

"Hey." I replied trying to keep my mind off of Oliver begging me not to leave.

"I'm outside."

"Okay don't come in my mom might hurt you."

I hung up and grabbed some bags. I grabbed for the doorknob but Oliver pried my hand off of it. "Oli I need to leave now!" I begged crying.

Oliver let go of the doorknob and picked up a bag. He trudged behind me crying softly as Harry waited patiently outside of a black pick up truck. He took the bags from me and Oli and threw them in the back. Two more trips back and everything was loaded up, ready to go.

I turned towards Oliver. His normal bright green eyes were now filled with a dark stormy colour. "Oli..." I said hugging him tight.

"Please don't leave me, Brie!" He cried.

"I have to." I whispered hugging him. I kissed him on the top of the head and got into the truck before I changed my mind and stayed with Oliver.

"Ready?" Harry asked me starting up the truck.

I took in a deep breath and nodded, "yes."

Harry then put some pressure on the gas and we drove down the long driveway. I looked back and saw Oliver running behind the truck as fast as his two little legs could carry him. Once we got onto the highway Oliver said down in the middle of the driveway crying as hard as he could.

I stared out the window quietly crying. I shouldn't of left Oliver all alone. This was a mistake everything I just did was a mistake. I need to go home, I need to hug Oliver and tell him I'm never leaving him again.

"Are you okay little miss?" Harry asked me.

<><><><><><><><><><><>
Comment, vote, share, follow