Chapter 3

dedicated to redneck_grad for commenting on each chapter and for making me smile all day long thank you so much for being an amazing fan!

sorry the chapter was late busy with exams but once the summer arrives i'll be able to update more often for those of you who have continued reading since the beginning  all i can say is thank you you have not idea what that means to me! love you all!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

Zane’s Point of View- Tuesday

I couldn’t get her out of my mind. No matter what I did she kept creeping back in. I caught myself wondering what her voice would sound like, since I’d never heard her speak before and I mentally had to shake myself reminding myself that I had a girlfriend.

Rumours flew around the school about her cheating on the test and also about the incident in Perk Up

Sara had a good laugh at the table the next morning when she told us all it was she who had copied off of Payton and Mr. Dickson had believed that Payton had actually copied off of Sara. Claire had laughed right along with Sara and had nudged me in the ribs when I didn’t join in

“Zaney wasn’t that funny?” she whined.

“Sure.” I mumbled just to please her and to get her to stop calling me Zaney.

James who was sitting on the other side of Claire “What’s up with you man?”

“Dunno.” I grunted not really in the mood to talk to anyone. Truth was I didn’t know what was wrong with me. James shrugged and turned back to the more lively conversation between Sara and Claire.

I watched Payton walk into the cafeteria. I wanted so badly to hide her. Hide her from Claire, Sara and James stares. I wish I could cover her ears so she wouldn’t have to hear their remarks most of all I wish I could have just done something. When Payton walked by our table with her freshly bought tray of food. James stuck out his foot and her vision blocked by her tray, Payton didn’t see him and tripped, her food flying into the air and she fell face first onto the cafeteria floor.

James, Claire and Sara all burst out laughing, while I sat in my seat and did nothing, instead I watched her gather up her spoiled pizza from the floor, and her now empty water bottle that had broke during her fall.

She looked up at me and saw me staring at her, she shook her head slightly then stood up and dumped her spoiled food into the garbage bin. Holding her head high she exited the cafeteria.

Only then did I stand. James was whipping tears of laughter out of his eyes when he asked me “Where are you going?”

I shrugged “I’m not very hungry. See you guys later.” I grabbed my tray and dumped my half eaten food into the garbage, except for my apple, which I carried out of the cafeteria with me.

It wasn’t hard to find her she was the only one out in the hallways beside myself. She sat slumped against her locker her once squared shoulders now slumped, her head held down. She didn’t look up when she heard me approach, but said quietly “You here to make fun of me or to humiliate me further?” her voice was soft and magical. I wanted to hear it again.

I blinked and tried to remember her question, when it clicked back into my head I allowed my features to soften and said to her “Neither.” I tossed her the apple I had in hand, her own shot out and grabbed it seconds before it would have hit her. “I figured you’d be hungry.” I said again hoping that she’d say something again to me so I could just listen to her speak.