Chapter 15 Let it Drift Away

Start from the beginning

"The son of Odin-"

"Not just of Odin." My Father stands up and steps toward Loki, "You think it wasyu alone who loved Mother? You had her tricks, but I had her trust."

Loki scoffs, "Trust? Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die!"

My breath hitches as I remember the dead look in her eyes.

"What help were you in your cell?"

"Who put me there?!"

I slam Delvaeg into the deck of the ship, causing it to shake violently, "You know damned well who! Now sit down and shut up."

"She wouldn't want us to fight." My Father says, backing down.

"She wouldn't exactly be shocked."

We all half-laugh and half-grumble.

"I wish we could trust you."

"Trust my rage." Loki says almost silently.

We continue to sail across the empty landscape, putting my stomach to ease.

Jane slowly sits up and begins muttering. Loki and I exchange this-is-exhausting-spare-me looks.

We slowly land on a cliff and leave the floating boat behind, thank everything good.

"Alright, are you ready?"

I nod, nervously rubbing my arm.

"I am." Loki says with a smile.

We look down on Malekith.

"You know this plan of yours is going to get us killed?"

"Possibly, yes."

Loki holds his hands out to My Father, who hesitates.

"You still don't trust me?"

I turn to him sarcastically, "Would you?"

"No, I wouldn't." Loki takes his dagger and stabs it into my Father's abdomen, and then slashes upward on my face.

I fall back and he grabs me by my hair, pulling me down the hill after my Father.

"Do you really think I cared about Frigga? About anybody? All I ever wanted was Odin dead at my feet!"

My Father reaches out for Mjolnir, but Loki throws me down and slices his hand off. He grabs Jane and puts the knife to her throat, "Malekith! I am Loki Of Joutunheim, and I bring you a gift." He qickly throws Jane down at Malekith's feet, "I ask of only one thing, a good seat from which to watch Asgard burn."

Malekith's pet begins to speak to him in an ancient tongue that I can't understand. The dark elf pushes my Father over with his foot, "Look at me."

The elf raises his arm and Jane quickly ascends into the air. He quickly pulls the Aether from her body, the gravity-defying  liquid floats between the two beings before Jane drops to the ground, weaker than ever.

"Now!" My Father orders.

I stand and reach out to the Aether, and it quickly flows toward me.

"No!" Malekith wails.

The Aether begins to enter my body, the shard-like pieces flowing in my veins. I can feel the stone settle, but only for a moment before Malekith begins to draw it from my veins.I do everything in my power to hold onto it. A silent, motionless battle takes place between us.

He continues his attempts to remove the Aether, and I continue my attempts to keep it in.

I can feel the Aether ripping through my body, leaving it in ruins, but remaining inside. It continues to destroy and mend my internal organs as we fight. I can feel blood dribble down my chin, but I continue to hold the Aether.