The Breakfast Talk

Mangle

What was the boss doing walking around? He never showed himself at the restaurant. He was always in his office. He never came out until everybody left. This was weird.

"Hello. My name is Vincent P. Guy. Who are you?" the boss says. His name was Vincent? That's pretty stupid name, and Guy as a last name? This man gets worse and worse every hour.

"My name is Leslie Turner, and this is my son, Kenneth Turner," she says and pointed at Ken. Turner. Why did that last name sound familiar?

"It's Ken, and this is Mangull," he says and points to me. The boss (Vincent) then looks at me, and he smiles.

"I know him. Where is your daddy, Ken?" The boss says, and I then realize where I heard the last name Turner before.

"Well, he started his job here as the night guard last night," Leslie answered.

"He's my hero!" Ken added.

"Yeah, I came in here this morning, and he was already gone. I guess he left," the boss said. The kid. The kid was Ken. The kid the man was praying for was Ken. He died protecting Ken.  Wait, he was dead. The boss lied! Why would he lie?

"Yeah. I don't really care, though, because we're getting a divorce. He doesn't want it, but he can't change it. I thought he said something to me about getting the job so he can get me back, but that won't work," she says, not even caring that her son was right there, and he just heard all of it. Not like he understood anything that was just said.

"Oh, well. See you all later. Bye Mangle!" Vin said, and walked away. I hate him. I thought I hated Ken's dad. I thought I hated Ken's mom. I definitely hate Vincent.  He has to be the biggest jerk ever. I hate him so much. Why can't I just kill him now? He is such a b*tch. Ihatehim, Ihatehim, Ihatehim! But I can't kill him. If I kill him, they will shut this place down, and all of us will be shut down. I can't kill him, as much as I want to.

"Okay, Ken. Eat up, and then let's go," she said with a bit of scarcity. Why did she want to leave so much, and why was she scared? Leslie ate up her Egg muffin, and Ken finished his Breakfast pizza that he was eating during the talk. Leslie then paid for the meal, and got up. Ken then stood up, and brought me over to my remains. He put me on the ground.

"See you tomorrow, and see my daddy tonight," he winks. He then walks away. I want to tell him. I want to tell him so bad. Ken, your dad is dead. He was killed last night during his job. But I can't. I can't tell Ken. That would break his heart. So I didn't. I watched him walk out the door, and he then walked to his car.

Ken 

My mom led me to our car, and was holding my hand. She opened up the door to the car, and put me in my car seat.

"Mommy?" I ask her. She was a little to busy buckling me in, but once she got into her seat in front of me, she answered me.

"What is it, Kenny?" she asks me.

"What is a divorce?" I ask her. She then stops. She didn't move again until she answered me.

"You don't have to worry about it, I don't think," she answered.  She then started the car, and drove out of the Pizza parking lot.

"Bye, Bye Mangull!" I say, and I wave. I will get to go there tomorrow. I will be so happy to see Mangle again. Maybe daddy will stay there and wait for me. Well, I have to wait. Soon enough...