Makoto x Suicidal!Reader: Lifeline

Bitch

Slut

Faggot

These words echoed through your head as you made your way down the hall to get to your locker. Students would look at you as you walked and whispered hurtful things or throw you the bird. 

You walked passed a group of girls, and one of them pointed a plastic knife in your direction. Then she brought the knife up to her neck and pretended to slit her throat, then she and her laughed and walked away. You tried to push down the nausea you felt in your stomach and ignored them. But it never helped.

Why are you even here?

You're too retarded for school.

You should just drop out and live in the streets.

You clenched the books you were holding tighter to your chest and increased your walking pace. You should have known better to believe what they said, but your anxiety took over mind a long time ago and now it's all you seem to think about. You believed that you were never going to be good enough for anyone or anything. So why were you still alive? 

Honestly, the thought of suicide has crossed your mind on multiple occasions. Just one swift stab with a knife and all the pain would cease. You wouldn't have to worry about anything anymore.  No one really cared for you anyway. Your parents both died in a car accident, so you lived alone. You had no friends, who would want to hang with a brat like you? The more you thought about it, the further you went into your pit of despair and darkness.

"(Name)?" 

You looked up to see the angelic smile of your boyfriend, Makoto Tachibana. He was the single ray of hope in your abyss in Hell. He was the one person who gave you the courage to wake up in the morning. He was your lifeline.

"Are you okay? You look a bit shaken up. Here, I'll carry your books for you to your locker, okay?" he gently took your belongings from you and held your hand as you two walked the rest of the way to your locker. 

What does he see in her?

I'd make a much better girlfriend than that skank.

She's such a slut, dating one of the hottest guys at school.

I bet he's only with her out of pity.

You violently rubbed your eyes with your free hand to stop the tears that were stinging them from falling. Makoto gently squeezed your hand in reassurance and rubbed his thumb against it. He knew about your condition and issues, but he still loved you all the same and was always there when you were at your worst. And this time would be no different. 

Once you reached your locker and grabbed your stuff, the two of you walked to your apartment. Every once in a while you would unconsciously scratch at your wrists and neck, which were covered by your black sweatshirt and scarf. This didn't go unnoticed by Makoto, and when the two of you reached your apartment, he decided to confront you about it.

"(Name), can I see your wrists, please?" he asked after you two changed into some comfortable clothes and settled on the couch. You still had a sweatshirt and scarf on though, even though it wasn't very cold. 

Knowing better than to lie to him, you sheepishly brought your arms up and held them out to him. He took them and rolled up your sleeves, which revealed fresh new cut wounds on both arms. Makoto sighed and reached up towards your neck, removing your scarf and revealing a long, fresh cut along your neck. 

You couldn't bring yourself to look at him, nor could you hold back the tears you've been holding for so long. Makoto brought you into his arms and you quietly sobbed into his chest, mumbling "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," over and over again. Makoto rubbed your back soothingly and brought his lips towards your ear, and softly whispered sweet things about you. 

You're beautiful

You're perfect

I love being with you.

You're my everything.

I love you always and forever (Name).

Please stay with me. 

I can't live without you.

Once he noticed your sobs die down, he carefully picked you up bridal style and went to your bedroom. He gently placed you in bed and he climbed in with you, pulling up the covers. Then he took your wrist and softly placed kisses along the new cuts, then continued along your neck before kissing both of your cheeks, your nose, and finally your lips. 

"I love you more than anything in the world, (Name). I know you're scared, but I'm here to protect you no matter what happens. I can't stand the thought of living without you. So, please, promise me you'll stay with me forever." He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you in close to him, your head against his chest so that you could hear his heartbeat.

Thump Thump

Thump Thump

"My heart beats for you and you alone, (Name). I love you so much." He kissed your forehead and gently rubbed your sides, lulling you to sleep. Makoto held you close to him the entire night, because just like he was your lifeline, you were his.

 A/N That was the hardest oneshot I have ever written in my entire life! I really don't like dark fanfics but I gave this a shot since a reader requested it, and I don't like to turn down requests from you guys. Let me know what you guys think of this. And, here's some tissue in case this tugged at the heartstrings T~T