Matthew knocked my hand away, giving me a little glare. He responded so cute to my teasing I almost wanted to ruffle his hair just to see him pout. It was only funny because he looked adorable when he tried to glare at me, because usually he didn’t like to let people irritate him. He was like his brother in that way, except Matthew scowled at my antics. “Well he’s in a good mood, and you’re locked away up here. Jakeson hates Skylar, so he wouldn’t be happy if the rumors were true.”

“Ah right, I forget you know everything about everyone,” I responded dryly. According to him I was spoiled. I hadn’t forgotten our little argument.

He grinned, tilting his head as he leaned towards me. “Not everything.”

I reached out and flicked his forehead when his eyes darted down to my breasts. I’d started to undo my school shirt when I’d laid down and it was undone one button too far for my liking, It was weird. Very few of the girls buttoned their tops all of the way like I did, and I didn’t notice people always ogling them. Yet every time I had a little more skin than usual showing suddenly I was being eyed up left and right. “Is that all you came to bother me about?”

“Why are you moving out?”

Straight to the point. I blinked into his blue eyes a second. Wait; how did he find out? “I’ve stayed here long enough. Like you said, I can’t hide forever.”

Matthew shook his head, his brown hair swaying. “I didn’t mean to move out. You’re not ready for that,” he said, crossing his arms over his chest.

The stern look he gave me reminded me of something Jakeson would do and I scowled. “I can handle Kale just fine, thank you very much,” I snapped.

“Says the girl hiding from my brother?” he asked, pairing it with a little chuckle. “Face it Rein, you’re not the girl you used to be.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” I asked, unable to defend myself. He was right; I was hiding from Jakeson.

He let his torso fall back onto the bed, staring up at me with his big blue eyes. For a second he took me in before smirking. I had the urge to flick him on the forehead again, but didn’t get around to it because he started talking first. “You used to be the girl with the military daddy. Grew up trained and could play football like a tank. Everyone was intimidated by you.”

“No one was intimidated by me,” I scoffed. This was just crazy. I didn’t even know where he got all this information.

“Your only friends were the elite guys,” he pointed out. “From day one you totally skipped over everyone else and only talked to them. Pair that with the fact they bragged about how good you were at football and you’re no longer a typical girl.”

I stared down at him, surprised by what he was saying. “I barely ever talked to you then,” I pointed out. “How could you possibly-“

“People gossip,” he cut me off with a sly smile. “You don’t know that because you’re part of your own little world. I knew all about you before my brother ever got around to introducing us.”