Dragon Race Incident

"Today is the day we test the dragon race!" Hiccup announced to the group. "In this race, we will race from here to the cove then to the center of the town and repeat that pattern three times. And along the way there are sheep scattered around that you pick up for points. There are two different sheep you can pick up, white sheep and black sheep. When you pick them up you put them into your pen, you can tell which one is yours by the signs posted in them."

"Wait wait wait. So what you're saying is that we don't have to be fast we just have to pick up sheep." Snotlout stopped him.

"Technically yes. It makes it more fair for everyone since not everyone has faster dragons." Hiccup motioned towards Meatlug and Fishlegs.

"That's ridiculous! We made this academy to train to be faster not pick up stupid sheep." Snotlout protested the idea.

"Actually made this academy to train the dragons in general. Plus this was made to have fun since we have taken a long time to train." Hiccup corrected him.

"I think it's a great idea." Astrid agreed

"Thank you Astrid."

"Yea, this is great! Another chance for me to beat you." Tuffnut pushed Ruffnut and laughed.

"You realize you ride the same dragon."

"Yea your point?"

"Nevermind. Everyone mount up." Everyone mounted their dragons and got ready to fly off. "Gobber is here to sound the starting horn. Go ahead Gobber."

"Everyone ready? GO!" Gobber blew into the horn and everyone lifted off blowing some dust up making Gobber cough. "Someone should really clean up around here."

Hiccup and toothless took the lead easily with Astrid close behind. The first sheep was coming up, Hiccup dove down. "Get ready bud." He told Toothless to go down sharply. Toothless opened his claws to pick up the sheep.

"Quick Stormfly!" Astrid yelled trying to get to the sheep before Hiccup. Hiccup not realizing she was coming up still went for the sheep. Toothless rammed right into Stormfly. Hiccup and Astrid screamed crashing into the ground. Toothless and Stormfly stumbled around dazed from the crash. Hiccup got up rubbing his head.

"Ow." He checked for any injuries seeing none. Astrid screamed in pain. "Astrid!" Hiccup looked around for her. She curled up holding her arm, Hiccup ran over to her kneeling down touching her shoulder.

"Astrid are you ok?"

"No." She started to tear up. Hiccup tried to sit her up, she winced in pain. He flinched realizing her arm was the source of her pain.

"We need to get you to Gothi."

"Hey what are you guys doing down there?" Snotlout yells from in the sky.

"Astrid and I collided, she's hurt."

"Told you this was a bad idea." Snotlout went to tell the others to end the race.

Hiccup helped Astrid onto Toothless and flew her to Gothi's home. Stormfly followed close behind wanting to make sure her rider was ok.

"Gothi!" Hiccup shouted for the tribes healer. She hobbled out to see Hiccup helping Astrid off of the black dragon. Astrid held her arm a tear rolling down her cheek. Gothi grabbed Astrid's hand  patting it and leading her to a stool. Gothi went inside of her home to grab a few supplies.

"Thank you Hiccup." Astrid said wiping her tear away.

"Anything for m'lady." Hiccup said kissing her hand. They smiled awaiting Gothi's return. She comes out holding some bandages and a few sticks. wrapping her arm in bandages placing the sticks on the sides of her arm so she can't move it and finishing by rewrapping her arm. She nods as to say she was finished. "I'll put ice on it when I take her home." Hiccup reassures Gothi that he'll take care of her. They both mount their dragons Astrid receiving help to get on Stormfly. When they reached her house Hiccup helped her inside and into her room and lowered her onto her bed.

"Thank you Hiccup, but you didn't need to. I could have made it home by myself."

"No you couldn't. As much as I hate disagreeing with you, you had trouble getting on your dragon I'm not going to leave your side." He sat down next to her kissing her cheek. "Now do you need anything."

"Hiccup I'm fine really." Astrid blushed at his smooch. He kept kissing her cheek. She tried pushing him away but he retaliated and hugged her close kissing her forehead. "Hiccup!" she whined.

"What?" He teased kissing her jawbone, "I'm trying to heal you faster." They laughed.

"My face is fine." She held his chin booping his nose with hers.

"Hah I know." He smiled. Astrid laughed at him and pushed him off her bed.

"You're ridiculous."