Chapter Seventeen - Little Old Lady

"Really?" Leroy groaned while waving his arms about in frustration. "Out of all the possible ways you chose to get us back to the city, you picked a bus?"

Jade just mocked him in response.

"Do I have to remind you what happened last time we were on a bus"

"No, no. I'm perfectly fine thank you." She chuckled. "Besides, what's so bad about taking public transport. It's supposed to be one of the ways we can fight 'Global Warming'."

"It's actually called 'Climate Change'".

"It's actually called 'Do I look like I give a rats arse?'" Jade jokingly snapped back, causing Leroy to let out his own chuckle.

"So..." Leroy began in an attempt to change the subject. "...off to the museum then?"

"Yep."

"Going to fine some more clues?"

"That's kind of the plan." She said while raising her eyebrows at his constant questioning.

"Okey dokey."

He seemed nervous for some reason. Jade wondered why that might be.

"Are you alright?"

"What me?" Leroy answered a bit too quickly. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"You just seem a bit...rattled, that's all."

"Rattled? Nah...I'm good."

"No, go on. What is it?"

"Seriously I'm fine."

For some reason Jade found that very hard to believe. She could hear a hint of 'fear' in his voice.

"Okay. Maybe I am a little hesitant about this whole plan." Leroy finally admitted. "I mean...what if Hadgrave is still after us, even after all this time?"

"Well, there's only one way to find out." Jade smiled as she stood up to press a little red button, indicating to the driver that she wanted to get off.

"Come on. Our stop." She said as she reached her arm down to pull Leroy off the seat.

"But we're not at the museum yet!" He began to protest.

"That's because we have one more thing we need to do." She replied before she thanked the bus driver and the two of them jumped off the bus.