Chapter Twelve - First Blood

Opening the door, the two of them found themselves in what appeared to be an underground tunnel. Underground, huh? That would explain why it was so dark. Looking on ahead, Jade and Leroy had yet to find any of Hadgrave's 'henchmen' which was either a good sign, or a very bad one.

"Hey, up there." Leroy whispered to Jade as he pointed to where some light was entering the tunnel from another room.

"Looks like that's our way out." Jade replied with a smile.

As they entered the room however, they found it wasn't actually a room but a rather large opening. The roof above them was so high that they could fit a three story house in the space provided, at least. Imagine standing in a giant underground cave. Yeah, it was kind of like that.

The size of the room didn't distract them for too long because almost as soon as they took one step in, they heard two men talking. The men had their backs to them and hadn't noticed them yet. That's how Jade and Leroy intended it to stay.

"I hate this part of the job. All this waiting around." The first man frowned. "Hey, how do you reckon those two back there know each other?" He continued, referring to Jade and Leroy.

"I don't know." The second man answered. "I thought they were a couple but apparently they're just friends."

Jade let out a quite huff.

"Wow. People just love to assume don't they?"

"Nah, I don't buy it." Laughed the first man. "I bet you ten quid that those two are screwing each other."

Even Leroy was slightly taken back by that one. However, while the comment seemed to amuse him a little, Jade on the other hand was gobsmacked and her face was plastered with shock. This just made the whole experience for Leroy that much funnier. But the question still remained. How we're they going to get past?

Then Leroy had an idea.

Leroy began to move out from behind the crates they were hiding behind.

"Wait, Lee. What are you doing?" Jade hissed quietly so the men wouldn't hear.

"Relax Jade. I have a plan."

"Oh yeah? And what plan would that be."

"Jade. There's something you don't know about me."

With a cheeky grin, Leroy stood up.

"I know karate."

"Sorry, what?" Jade questioned, thinking that he was taking the mick.

Rubbing his hands together, Leroy quietly positioned himself behind the two men.

"WACHOW!"