Chapter Three - The Museum

Jade studied Leroy as he lay sleeping on her sofa. He seemed quite at peace with himself and very comfortable. His black shirt and matching black hair was all creased and messy which did give him a slight 'adorable' look but his actions at the nightclub were still fresh in her mind so she knew not to fall for his charm. Not that she was ever going to anyway.

Well at least he got some sleep. Jade on the other hand had spent the whole night tossing and turning, thinking about her decision. Was it really a good idea to say he could come along? So what that his life isn't working out to well at the moment. Sure punching him didn't help that at all but does that now make it her responsibility to look after him? To keep him off the streets?

No.

But she can't let that happen. What if she needed help from a stranger one day and they just tossed her aside? No she won't let him wander the streets looking for food and shelter. That just isn't right. But he is a young man. What if this was his idea all along. Get her alone, gain her trust and then-.

Jade shook her head. She saw the look in his eyes when she told him he could stay with her. A look of relief and excitement. His eyes would have been telling a completely different story if he had alternative intentions.

Sighing, she checked the time on her wrist watch.

Time to get up.

"Come on. Time to get up" She said as she nudged him gently.

Leroy mumbled something as he rolled over to face Jade and fell back to sleep.

Jade shoved him a little harder.

"Seriously, get up now."

A still half asleep Leroy propped himself up on his elbows.

"What time is it?" He yawned has he tried to force himself to stay awake.

"Five in the morning." She replied as she began to turn her attention to the bag she had placed earlier on the table.

"What!" His shocked voice echoed around the room. "You do know its a Saturday, right?"

"I told you we had a busy day today. Best start as soon as we can."

"Yeah but can't that be at like...eleven o'clock or something."

"Nope. We're starting now, now go and get cleaned up. Have a shower and maybe change into some new clothes. I'll meet you back here in...shall we say..thirty minutes?"

"Woman, I don't usually get up till around three in the afternoon. How on earth am I supposed to get ready to go out in thirty minutes?"

Jade's only reply was the raising of her eyebrow.