Chapter Two - The Treasures Of Myths And Legends

Leroy woke to the sound of a ceiling fan whirling and the throbbing pain of a hangover. What happened last night? As he slowly opened his eyes he found that he didn't recognise his surroundings. He wasn't staying in a cabin-like apartment...was he? It was then he noticed that he wasn't even laying on a bed. He was in fact laying down on a sofa. That confirmed his suspicions of not being back at the hotel room.

Leroy tried to sit himself up but as he did so his jaw began to ache causing him to grunt out in pain. That's when he remembered. The nightclub, the mysterious woman, the fist. She had smacked him right across the face! The bloody cow had knocked him out!

"You're awake?" Came a voice from across the room.

Leroy let his eyes adjust to the bright lights of the building before trying to make out who it was talking to him. Once they had fully adjusted, he lay eyes on a woman across from him. The same woman from last night.

"It's you." Was all he could say before the pain became to much for him to handle, causing him to grit his teeth together to stop a cry escaping.

"Drink it." She continued as she pointed to a cup that lay on the little coffee table.

Leroy looked down to see a small clay mug which was full of warm, sweet smelling liquid. Unsure of what it was he looked back up at the woman for an explanation.

"It'll help with the pain."

He raised an eyebrow.

"I promise." She said in a reassuring tone.

A sceptical Leroy took a sip from the mug. After deciding for himself that it was okay to drink and did not contain any harmful substances, he chugged the rest of the mug down and almost instantly felt better.

"I'm sorry about... you know...the whole punching thing." The woman smiled nervously. "I'm just not used to talking to people that's all, least of all a drunk sleaze-ball such as yourself."

"Was I that bad?" He asked.

"Kind of." She replied as she walked towards the main table in the middle of the room and began looking at all the papers and open books which lay upon them.

Now that she was out of the dark shadow which spanned across the other side of the room, he could she her much clearly now. Her dark brown hair came down to about a few inches below her shoulders and she wore a white short-sleeved T-shirt and dark trousers. On her right wrist she also wore an old looking watch.

"I hope you don't mind me asking but how old are you?" He asked. She didn't look very old. No older than 25 he'd say.

She lifted her head from the papers and books and faced Leroy.