Chapter Fourteen - Cat And Mouse

"Keep still."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because..."

"Because?"

"I'm scared."

"Why are you scared? I won't hurt you."

"I know it's just...it will hurt."

"Yes but only for a little while."

"Exactly."

"Look, we're doing this whether you like it or not, okay?"

"Yeah, okay. Just please be gentle"

"I promise. Ready?"

"I think so."

"Okay, here we go"

"OWW!" Screamed Leroy as Jade placed the wet cloth against his broken and bloody nose.

"Oh my god. You are such a wuss." Jade laughed as she watched Leroy wince in pain. "I'm just cleaning it!"

"Yeah but why does it have to hurt so much?"

"That's a bit of a silly question, don't you think?"

Leroy just groaned in reply.

"There see, all done." Jade smiled as she removed the cloth from his face. "That wasn't so bad, was it?"

"I guess not. What about you?" He asked, pointing to the cut above her left eyebrow.

"Nah, that's fine. I might get a scar but it doesn't hurt that much."

The two of them were now back inside Jade's apartment and just getting themselves cleaned up. Watching as Jade stood up to wash the now 'blood-covered' cloth, Leroy shot a question at her.

"What now?"

"Sorry?"

"What do we do now?" He repeated. "What's our next move?"

Sighing, Jade returned and sat down on one of the chairs beside Leroy.

"Well we can't stay here. They probably know where I live and will come seaching for us here."